This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

End of gaming?

#1Falling DownPosted 2/17/2013 1:39:21 PM
I am posting this in multiple boards to get a lot of opinions so if you see this around a lot I apologize.

With all the "casual games" in the world today on mobile devices or phones/tablets it seems that other systems such as the wiiU and vita are suffering in sales. Exclusives are almost non existent and what is in the world to buy is really expensive compared to games on app stores. I think we can agree the golden days of gaming are over but do you feel gaming on dedicated consoles will still be around in 10 years? If it is how many manufacturers will be in the game, Nintendo? Sony? Microsoft? Pc?

Or am I just paranoid and everything is fine for the next 20+ years?
---
DOOD!!! ~Prinnies
#2darkharePosted 2/17/2013 1:41:13 PM
i think your manic and need to go get tested for something as soon as possible, how many of these "tell me everything will be better" topics are you going to make?
---
sarcasm in this forum has gotten too deep, cant tell if everyones drowning in it or just over-reacting.
#3TravarkothPosted 2/17/2013 1:42:33 PM(edited)
It's not the end of gaming.
---
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
#4memphis12Posted 2/17/2013 1:42:51 PM
Considering Baldurs Gate has just been released on IPad I think it may be branching out to the more "not so casual" gamer. As long as games have multiple difficulty settings that can please all gamers I'm happy, if a game is to easy I get bored, if it's to hard for some they get bored, it has to work both ways.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#5Falling Down(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 1:46:42 PM
darkhare posted...
i think your manic and need to go get tested for something as soon as possible, how many of these "tell me everything will be better" topics are you going to make?

I made one on wiiU, Xbox 360 and ps3, just to get what I thought the best and broadest demographic possible. I don't need to be told everything will be better, I was curious as to the general publics opinion, personally as a very busy adult I only game about 4 hours a week and don't care what it is on.
---
DOOD!!! ~Prinnies
#6darkharePosted 2/17/2013 1:48:25 PM
Falling Down posted...
darkhare posted...

I made one on wiiU, Xbox 360 and ps3, just to get what I thought the best and broadest demographic possible. I don't need to be told everything will be better, I was curious as to the general publics opinion, personally as a very busy adult I only game about 4 hours a week and don't care what it is on.

Falling Down posted...
Or am I just paranoid and everything is fine for the next 20+ years?

^digging your own grave...
---
sarcasm in this forum has gotten too deep, cant tell if everyones drowning in it or just over-reacting.