This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is Bungies Destiny a MMORPG for consoles playing as a FPS setup like Fallout?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. So is Bungies Destiny a MMORPG for consoles playing as a FPS setup like Fallout?
2 years ago#1
That's what I got from it. I never played a MMORPG before but this is what it appears to be.
---
Tied to a wheel, fingers got to feel,
Bleeding through a tourniquet smile
2 years ago#2
It's not an MMO.
---
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
2 years ago#3
Travarkoth posted...
It's not an MMO.

yes it is, but it's not an MMORPG. I suppose the proper term would actually be MMOFPS yes?
2 years ago#4
It pretty much is an MMO, they just don't want to use that term and scare anyone off.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
(message deleted)
2 years ago#6
I guess because the term MMO refers to World of Warcraft which refers to no life.
---
Tied to a wheel, fingers got to feel,
Bleeding through a tourniquet smile
2 years ago#7
Mmofps, as already said. One exist right now, Planetside 2.
---
"People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."
2 years ago#8
Mmofps, as already said. One exist right now, Planetside 2.

MMOFPSRPG is what Planetside 2 is.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ejKGK.gif
Want more info about the new PS4? Check this out. http://youtu.be/1bUADQ2Rp7I
2 years ago#9
People apparently don't know the difference between a persistent online game and an MMO. MMO stands for "massively multiplayer online." What part of the Destiny reveal indicate anything "massively multiplayer"?
---
sig here
2 years ago#10
"Destiny is an always online experience, but it's not an MMO." -Chris Butcher, engineering lead
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. So is Bungies Destiny a MMORPG for consoles playing as a FPS setup like Fallout?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived