The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, I need a new ringtone. Video Game-related. Suggestions?

#1TravarkothPosted 2/17/2013 5:09:13 PM
I've had this MGS Codec for a long time as my Message indicator. I currently switched back to the 'Game Over' announcer from the Halo games, but perhaps it's time for something else.

Any suggestions? Must be from a Video Game, or Video Game related. Anything.

Classic, Retro, Modern.

Can be from any Video Game. Any sound.
---
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
#2DonomegaPosted 2/17/2013 5:11:18 PM
My ringtone is the level one theme from the NES game Jackal

Gets me crazy looks during meetings tats for sure.
---
I don't remember playing on the NES and seeing "Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another DLC"
#3TheWaitingPosted 2/17/2013 5:12:57 PM
FF victory song? Zelda treasure chest tune? Achievement unlocked sound for texts?
---
GAMERTAG:SollessWarrior
#4Travarkoth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 5:14:22 PM
Achievement unlocked sound for texts?

Haha, already have this one.

Haven't done Treasure Chest from Zelda, but I have done a Final Fantasy ringtone. XIII's theme (even if I didn't like the game) is brilliant.
---
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
#5chizzaroidPosted 2/17/2013 5:16:50 PM
My notification tone for a while was the Splinter Cell goggle noise. It definitely gets your attention. I also use the Battlefield 3 mcom arming noise as a ringtone.
---
GT: Chizzatron
#6Travarkoth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 5:18:21 PM
My notification tone for a while was the Splinter Cell goggle noise. It definitely gets your attention.

Ah, that's a good one! Keep the suggestions coming, it gives me other ones as well.

Not familiar with Battlefield just yet, I'm actually about to jump into the series.
---
--Bastila Shan
#7SunDevil77Posted 2/17/2013 5:19:07 PM
Travarkoth posted...
Achievement unlocked sound for texts?

Haha, already have this one.

Haven't done Treasure Chest from Zelda, but I have done a Final Fantasy ringtone. XIII's theme (even if I didn't like the game) is brilliant.

Dude, do the treasure chest from Zelda. It's lovely. Or! The coin sound from Sonic!

Also, where did you get the achievement one? I would love that on my iphone.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#8Travarkoth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 5:27:52 PM(edited)
Dude, do the treasure chest from Zelda. It's lovely. Or! The coin sound from Sonic!

Heh, I'll be sure to download these then - love both these sounds, very nostalgic.

It can be a bit iffy regarding the quality - you need a good quality one for it to come out right (of course), however I can't say where I found it to be honest. It's been a while.
---
--Bastila Shan
#9WinternovaPosted 2/17/2013 5:29:16 PM
Travarkoth posted...

It can be a bit iffy regarding the quality - you need a good quality one for it to come out right (of course), however I can't say where I found it to be honest. It's been a while.

Major Nelson posted it a while ago.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#10Travarkoth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 5:30:25 PM
Travarkoth posted...

Major Nelson posted it a while ago.

That's right, I think I got it from there.

I sent you another link as well, Devil.
---
--Bastila Shan