This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What does ZZ Top and Crysis have in common?

#1NakedSnake1986Posted 2/17/2013 8:11:32 PM
Crytek workers are going to look like homeless bums just like the members of ZZ Top due to horrible EA marketing.

I would love to meet the marketing idiot at ea who said let's use a cheap dad rock tune to market this game.

It's almost as bad as acdc selling back in black to Activision because Black Ops 2 contains a word in the title of the song.

What's next, Avril Lavigne's I'm with you for Bioshock Infinite.
---
Tied to a wheel, fingers got to feel,
Bleeding through a tourniquet smile
#2vigorm0rtisPosted 2/17/2013 8:18:42 PM
You know, the largest game purchasing demographic is males from 30-35. Which means ZZ Top isn't necessarily 'dad rock' to them. It's music they heard when they were young.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#3metroidman92Posted 2/17/2013 8:19:35 PM
Judging by the year in your username, I'd hope you'd have some appreciation for 80's rock.

Hell, AC/DC and Black Sabbath were both feature in Iron Man/ Avengers, and I don't think that hurt Marvel's sales at all.
---
If you even think about coming after your brother, this bullet will be waiting for you!
#4SunDevil77Posted 2/17/2013 8:19:57 PM
I actually rather liked this TV spot...
/flameshield

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68CNOSnd904
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#5NakedSnake1986(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 8:25:30 PM
1986, you expect me to remember hair metal when I was 1 to 3 years old? I remember green day and the smashing pumpkins.
---
Tied to a wheel, fingers got to feel,
Bleeding through a tourniquet smile
#6L0ZPosted 2/17/2013 8:33:17 PM
EA doesn't own Crytek. They just publish their games. There isnt much advertising because its not EAs game
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#7Killah PriestPosted 2/17/2013 8:34:33 PM
I'd rather look like a homeless bum than a sissy well groomed woman.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#8metroidman92Posted 2/17/2013 8:37:22 PM
NakedSnake1986 posted...
1986, you expect me to remember hair metal when I was 1 to 3 years old? I remember green day and the smashing pumpkins.

Born in '92, and most of my library is stuff like Sabbath and AC/DC. Still, to each his own.
---
If you even think about coming after your brother, this bullet will be waiting for you!
#9rdking96Posted 2/17/2013 8:40:08 PM
...I'm gonna leave out my "hipster" opinion of music in this topic.

That being said...yes, there are much better avenues gaming companies can take their trailers!
---
"There won't be any money...but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness...So I got that goin' for me - which is nice."
#10vigorm0rtisPosted 2/17/2013 9:06:42 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
I actually rather liked this TV spot...
/flameshield

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68CNOSnd904

I liked that one, too. One of my favorite things about it is that so many people on Youtube wanted to know who did the cover... and were so disappointed when they found out it was still Phil Collins.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF