This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What does ZZ Top and Crysis have in common?

#41thegreatsquarePosted 2/18/2013 4:08:58 AM
I was never a big fan of ZZ's 80s stuff.

...it could be worse TC, since it is in NYC, they could of had Sinatra doing "New York, New York".
---
Q9450@3.2GHz - HD5970- ASUS P5N-D - 4GB Mushkin 950MHz -Prolimatech Megahalem-Corsair 750TX -CM590- SAMSUNG 2343BWX 23" 2048x1152 - Creative X-fi - SRH440
#42PatlaborAV98Posted 2/18/2013 4:27:29 AM
80's rock is better than some of the miserable drivel that gets pumped out

kick axe were pretty awesome and so was lion
---
I think that's a rocket-powered confessional booth.
#43PatlaborAV98Posted 2/18/2013 4:28:38 AM
i thought the game was about "cheap sunglasses" also a reference to the guys suit lol
---
I think that's a rocket-powered confessional booth.
#44HeLeehamPosted 2/18/2013 4:59:37 AM
Winternova posted...
bluehat94 posted...
NakedSnake1986 posted...
The only good bands from the 80's were Maiden, Crue and Queensrchye. I would put skid row on there but they kinda got lost between the 80s and 90's as they came out just when hair metal died.

There were so many more than just that, you even mentioned one in an earlier post, Smashing Pumpkins, then there's, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Violent Femmes, R.E.M., The Pixies, there are more, but those were what I could think of off the top of my head.

Duran Duran, The Alan Parsons Project, Split Enz, Crowded House, Men At Work, Van Halen, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, A Flock of Seagulls, Poison, Warrant, Scorpions, Arcadia, Power Station, Styx, Night Ranger, Depeche Mode, The Police, Pet Shop Boys, Yaz(oo), Peter Gabriel, Sammy Hagar, The Bangles, The Go-Gos, The Smiths, T'Pau, Blue Oyster Cult, Scandal, Quiet Riot, REO Speedwagon, Cheap Trick, Beastie Boys, Adam Ant, Loverboy, Berlin, Naked Eyes, Thomas Dolby, Thompson Twins, Oingo Boingo, The Boomtown Rats, Falco, Animotion, Dexy's Midnight Runners, Men Without Hats, The Stray Cats, The Romantics, Wang Chung, Queen, Billy Idol, Wham!, Michael Jackson, Samantha Fox, Rick Astley, Madonna, Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham, Kiss, Information Society, Erasure, Electric Light Orchestra, A-Ha...

Serious lack of Guns n Roses. Glad to see Billy Idol in there though. I was born in '89 and people always tell me I was born in the wrong decade. Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Thin Lizzy...
#45TheBlueStigPosted 2/18/2013 8:07:40 AM
Winternova posted...
bluehat94 posted...
NakedSnake1986 posted...
The only good bands from the 80's were Maiden, Crue and Queensrchye. I would put skid row on there but they kinda got lost between the 80s and 90's as they came out just when hair metal died.

There were so many more than just that, you even mentioned one in an earlier post, Smashing Pumpkins, then there's, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Violent Femmes, R.E.M., The Pixies, there are more, but those were what I could think of off the top of my head.

Duran Duran, The Alan Parsons Project, Split Enz, Crowded House, Men At Work, Van Halen, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, A Flock of Seagulls, Poison, Warrant, Scorpions, Arcadia, Power Station, Styx, Night Ranger, Depeche Mode, The Police, Pet Shop Boys, Yaz(oo), Peter Gabriel, Sammy Hagar, The Bangles, The Go-Gos, The Smiths, T'Pau, Blue Oyster Cult, Scandal, Quiet Riot, REO Speedwagon, Cheap Trick, Beastie Boys, Adam Ant, Loverboy, Berlin, Naked Eyes, Thomas Dolby, Thompson Twins, Oingo Boingo, The Boomtown Rats, Falco, Animotion, Dexy's Midnight Runners, Men Without Hats, The Stray Cats, The Romantics, Wang Chung, Queen, Billy Idol, Wham!, Michael Jackson, Samantha Fox, Rick Astley, Madonna, Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham, Kiss, Information Society, Erasure, Electric Light Orchestra, A-Ha...

All the bolded ones are from the 70's (or earlier), and ELO were the first ones to be caught lip synching in live performances, way before Milli Vanilli.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#46vigorm0rtisPosted 2/18/2013 8:13:34 AM
TheBlueStig posted...

All the bolded ones are from the 70's (or earlier), and ELO were the first ones to be caught lip synching in live performances, way before Milli Vanilli.

From the 70s =/= not in the 80s.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#47Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 2/18/2013 9:15:31 AM
Killah Priest posted...
Anyone else automatically think of American Psycho when they hear someone mention Phil Collins.

Not just Phil Collins, but Whitney Houston and Huey Lewis & the News as well.
---
I have to return some videotapes.