This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Destiny will require online connection

#1BTM4444Posted 2/18/2013 8:00:18 AM
Don't know if this has been posted yet but I just read that destiny will require an online connection, even in single player.

That really annoys me because if its a really good game I feel like I wouldn't ever be able to come back to it when I'm older.

I mean its sweet that it is like an mmo but I feel like they should have a single player experience. What are your thoughts on this?
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 2/18/2013 8:02:04 AM
Yet another reason for me to not care about this game.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#3LotrMorgothPosted 2/18/2013 8:13:17 AM
yes let's all judge things based on a concept alone

good news everyone, not attempting new endeavors is a great way to keep gaming alive
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#4BTM4444(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 8:16:34 AM
LotrMorgoth posted...

good news everyone, not attempting new endeavors is a great way to keep gaming alive

Wow you're cool, because making a game(s) online only is definitely going to keep gaming alive!
#5SomnambulisticPosted 2/18/2013 8:18:25 AM(edited)
I can't say this is even remotely surprising. They've been mentioning the whole "persistent online world" thing constantly when speaking about the game.

Oh well, not like I really care, I've got a connection and always will. My excitement for the series remains unaltered.
---
Would you like to know more?
#6LotrMorgothPosted 2/18/2013 8:17:29 AM
yes, that is exactly what i said
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#7Pacman2dxPosted 2/18/2013 8:20:38 AM
In order for it to be an MMO, you'd have to connect to multiple people so it makes since that a internet connection is require .. at least you have ES or the next Fallout as an option if you wanna play alone.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Who dares, wins.
#8SunDevil77Posted 2/18/2013 8:22:28 AM
I would say I care, but man...I was as stiff as a board yesterday during that reveal.

I am a sucker for good sci fi.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#9pothocketPosted 2/18/2013 8:30:11 AM
BTM4444 posted...
LotrMorgoth posted...

Wow you're cool, because making a game(s) online only is definitely going to keep gaming alive!

Trying to get your point across on the internet? Try sarcasm!
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#10mtjormitchPosted 2/18/2013 9:13:52 AM
People should mention that singleplayer is ALSO required to be online...

Yeah... this game needs to bomb badly. Do not follow the hype. It is WAY to much of a Diablo 3 feel from it.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.