This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So will Final Fantasy X HD make it to the 360?

#11cup_a_soup(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 9:14:59 AM
ChezDispenser posted...
"selfish."

I never understood why people use this word in relation to businesses. That's like saying babies cry.

Because the aim of a business is to make as much money as possible, but because of stupid/selfish in-house brand loyalties they won't port it.

When given the choice of making the game exclusive to a JP console where the majority of people have already played the game already, and making it multiplat so that people who didn't buy a PS2 (or the game) last gen are potential buyers... it would be dumb for them to not make it multiplat.
#12ProtoManEXE88Posted 2/18/2013 9:26:25 AM
I doubt it since Kingdom Hearts hasn't had a 360 version announced, though I guess it's not too late for them to announce it.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#13ChezDispenserPosted 2/18/2013 9:33:40 AM
cup_a_soup posted...
ChezDispenser posted...
"selfish."

I never understood why people use this word in relation to businesses. That's like saying babies cry.

Because the aim of a business is to make as much money as possible, but because of stupid/selfish in-house brand loyalties they won't port it.

When given the choice of making the game exclusive to a JP console where the majority of people have already played the game already, and making it multiplat so that people who didn't buy a PS2 (or the game) last gen are potential buyers... it would be dumb for them to not make it multiplat.

The PS2, if I recall correctly, stands at the top or near the top of the largest install base in the world. They just now shut down production of the ****er--what was it, a month ago? Two?

If people didn't buy the game when it was cutting edge technology (I remember reading about one of the animators complaining about having to work with tongues and teeth) and a system-pushing, hyped up powerhouse, what makes you think they're going to leap after it now?

Where, outside of yourself, is this massive potential userbase for a decade-old JRPG? I fail to understand why you think this group of people who didn't buy the game or a PS2 back when they were so hugely popular are going to suddenly find themselves pining for it now.
---
Goddamn!
#14cup_a_soup(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 9:48:45 AM
ChezDispenser posted...
cup_a_soup posted...
ChezDispenser posted...
"selfish."

The PS2, if I recall correctly, stands at the top or near the top of the largest install base in the world. They just now shut down production of the ****er--what was it, a month ago? Two?

If people didn't buy the game when it was cutting edge technology (I remember reading about one of the animators complaining about having to work with tongues and teeth) and a system-pushing, hyped up powerhouse, what makes you think they're going to leap after it now?

Where, outside of yourself, is this massive potential userbase for a decade-old JRPG? I fail to understand why you think this group of people who didn't buy the game or a PS2 back when they were so hugely popular are going to suddenly find themselves pining for it now.

About 8 million copies of Final Fantasy X in total were sold world wide. There are over 70 million people who own a 360 and over 70 million people who own a PS3. Bearing in mind that there are people who owned PS2's back then who have switched to the 360, where too young to know about or understand how to play Final Fantasy X, who's copies have broke, or heck just wouldn't mind playing through it one more time.

I was one of the people who had an Xbox but never played Metal Gear Solid 2 or 3 or Silent Hill 3, and even if I owned a PS2 I wouldn't have owned the MGS series either. I'm glad they came to the 360, as I got a chance to actually enjoy those excellent games, despite them being fairly noteworthy system sellers back then.

It's not like the Xbox is the Wii or WiiU, where consoles are sold but software sales remain low. There's a potential userbase there for an easy extra 1 million sales of the game which would be stupid to ignore, since all they're really doing is upping the resolution and applying native bump mapping.
#15shagadelicPosted 2/18/2013 9:51:53 AM
cup_a_soup posted...
I don't expect a 360 release in Japan, but outside of there they'd be stupid not to.

However, Japanese developers have been really selfish with the 360 the past year or so, where even Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires isn't coming on it :(

This is Square. Do you honestly expect them to do the smart thing?
#16DerekRossPosted 2/18/2013 11:19:00 AM
I'll leave this here.

http://gamingbolt.com/kitase-xbox-market-important-for-us-can-remake-ps-era-final-fantasy-games-for-the-xbox-360
#17MegaCyber09Posted 2/18/2013 11:25:17 AM
Even if it doesn't come out, there's always the PS3 version lol.

I'm assuming most people have both consoles already.
---
XBL Gamertag: CyberGTX09 / PSN: cybergt09
"Life is the life of life." - Unknown
#18AApt24Posted 2/18/2013 1:43:17 PM
You would assume wrong genius.
---
"This Year in Jerusalem."
#19Arucard05Posted 2/18/2013 1:46:22 PM
I very much doubt it.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#20SubSeenixPosted 2/18/2013 2:22:31 PM(edited)
cup_a_soup posted...
I don't expect a 360 release in Japan, but outside of there they'd be stupid not to.

However, Japanese developers have been really selfish with the 360 the past year or so, where even Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires isn't coming on it :(

Yes they are stupid for not caring for a console where nothing except Copy+paste shooters and W-RPGs are selling.

Even the PS3 Version of FF13-2 OUTSOLD/DESTROYED the 360 version of the at this time still OVERHYPED FF13.
Everyone at the 360 Community were like this "Hihihihi we got Final Fantasy now" and it sold like crap.
It only made more effort especially with 13-2 and didn't bring money and lowered at the same time the quality and gaming experience for everyone else who really cared for Final Fantasy.

Of course there is the case a lot of players were to young or didn't have a PS2 but those people mostly don't care for anything besides CoD and Failo anyway cause they are brainwashed with Justin Bieber.

Its cheaper to bring it PS3/Vita Exclusive
Less effort and they probably will still sell 99% of the amount they would sell if this game would be on the 360 too.
There is no need for it.Face it.Your Community destroyed those things for you and now live with it.
The Sony Community still likes different games of different genres.