This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sharing content on two Xboxs....

#1staticxtreme5Posted 2/18/2013 8:27:05 AM
Hello. I have a 250GB Xbox 360 and quite a few downloaded games on it. Mostly XBLA games, but a couple Games on Demand as well. I recently purchased a 4GB bundle w/ kinect and was curious as to how (if possible) I can share content between the two systems. I plan on purchasing a HDD eventually for the 4GB, but initially I just want to be able to transfer saves so I can play on either console. I assume that issue is best handled by cloud saving. How would I go about getting both systems access to my downloaded games though? Do I just download them on both consoles and one will have the licenses while the other can play them while my gamertag is signed in to Live? Will I be able to play the same game at the same time on both consoles? I assume any gamertag can use the games on the system with the license so I'd just have to use my main gamertag on the other console right? Anyone with any experience in this matter I would appreciate advice from. Thanks!
#2LapanuiPosted 2/18/2013 8:38:16 AM
You will have to download the profile which purchased all of the content onto the new Xbox and download it all again.

You can't be logged into two different Xbox's on the same account. One can be offline and one can be online though. I'm not sure about being able to play the game on another console with a different account though, I haven't tried this.

With saved data you could use cloud saving or just use a USB stick to save your data, but cloud saving is probably the easiest.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/game-saves-in-the-cloud/cloud-save-games

This will give you instructions on how to set up cloud gaming with saved data and how to use it on another console.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#3lokinineteenPosted 2/18/2013 9:58:23 AM
I have the license & games on demand from a mate & we can play his GoD games together online.

Everything works as you said so you have a good understanding of how it all works.
#4staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 10:03:11 AM
Cool, I thought so. The biggest thing I was wondering about is whether I'd be able to go to either console and sign into Live and and pick up my game where I left off last. As long as I can do that, I'm golden.