This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game Recs (Skyrim related)

#1flamingdragonPosted 2/18/2013 2:17:20 PM
So my girl fell in love with Skyrim.

The open ended questing and dragon slaying fantasy themes I think weere the big selling points.

I haven't stayed up on RPGs lately.

I know Dragons Dogma came out, but I am unsure if it fits in that accesible fantasy vein i am looking for.

Any recs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
FD
#2SunDevil77Posted 2/18/2013 2:24:59 PM
Fable 2 and 3, Dragon Age Origins, and Darksiders 2 are some you might wanna try.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#3memphis12Posted 2/18/2013 2:46:21 PM
I disagree with you TC, Dragons Dogma could be what your looking for. It's an amazing game with as much or as little as you want to do. The community is second to none & the pawns are a way of helping you out if things get to much.

Suns suggestions are spot on, although I really don't think Fable 3 fits what you're looking for.

Some others to look at are, Divinity 2 and Dark Souls. If you're wanting to jump straight into it without to much thought, then Dark Souls probably isn't the best choice.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#4GorillaOnRoofPosted 2/18/2013 7:24:44 PM
Yeah Dogma was good, I'll also throw in Dungeon Defenders & Sacred 2 into this melting pot of sorts.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#5Killah PriestPosted 2/18/2013 7:25:50 PM
I don't know if I'd call dragon's dogma "accessible" tho.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#6GorillaOnRoofPosted 2/18/2013 7:29:10 PM
Just go with the other DD, Dungeon Defender for safe measure. She will love it, so will you, unless you're some kind of idiot.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#7Blade_Of_IcePosted 2/18/2013 7:36:29 PM
skyrim on the pc, makes it a completely different game.
#8tisukoPosted 2/18/2013 9:14:00 PM
If you go for Dragon's Dogma. Just wait on purchasing it. I believe in April, Dark Arisen releases and it comes with Dragon's Dogma.
---
+_AN|?+=E+ ?w?_+ i
#9HughJorgennPosted 2/18/2013 9:42:26 PM(edited)
After playing Skyrim, Dragon Age will seem linear but the story is good and it has decent reply value.
#10memphis12Posted 2/18/2013 10:55:50 PM
Blade_Of_Ice posted...
skyrim on the pc, makes it a completely different game.

Defeats the point of "accessible" (although my son is loving Skyrim on his laptop, modding the hell out of it)

HughJorgenn posted...
After playing Skyrim, Dragon Age will seem linear but the story is good and it has decent reply value.

This

tisuko posted...
If you go for Dragon's Dogma. Just wait on purchasing it. I believe in April, Dark Arisen releases and it comes with Dragon's Dogma.

And this

GorillaOnRoof posted...
Yeah Dogma was good, I'll also throw in Dungeon Defenders & Sacred 2 into this melting pot of sorts.

Hell, even the primate is talking sense.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'