This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The recent AvP game's marine campaign is better then the entire Aliens CM game.

#1CalistoCoonPosted 2/18/2013 8:26:24 PM
I am kind of sad I missed this game when it initially came out.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#2Big FanPosted 2/18/2013 8:30:44 PM
I disagree, but to each their own I guess
---
GT: Code XxX
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/recitedsilence
#3GorillaOnRoofPosted 2/18/2013 8:31:37 PM
Big Fan posted...

No need to get enraged over his opinion
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#4CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 8:31:47 PM
Big Fan posted...

and I respect how polite you where about it, care to share why though? Was it the mostly outdoor and sunny areas of AvP's campaign? Because they kind of bugged me also.
---
#5Big FanPosted 2/18/2013 8:36:49 PM
They both have a huge feel of clunkiness to the whole thing, but I felt CMs was just a bit less. There was a lot more open areas in AvP which kinda bothered me as well.
I really think overall though I felt more immersed into the Alien universe with CM.
Not saying AvP was bad, I did enjoy it. Just liked the new one a tad more
---
GT: Code XxX
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/recitedsilence
#6Silent Sniper IVPosted 2/18/2013 8:40:50 PM
How was AVP? I won it from a steam sale event and still haven't played it because people kept telling me that the marine campaign was ok (aside from lack of things to kill compared to avp classic), but the other two were really bad. Also because it's 16 gigs for some reason I can't fathom.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#7CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 8:43:04 PM
Big Fan posted...
They both have a huge feel of clunkiness to the whole thing, but I felt CMs was just a bit less. There was a lot more open areas in AvP which kinda bothered me as well.
I really think overall though I felt more immersed into the Alien universe with CM.
Not saying AvP was bad, I did enjoy it. Just liked the new one a tad more

I did enjoy having to actually hold up my motion tracker in CM. I was mad the whole time I played that game, not because it was bad, which it was, but because there was clearly a better game somewhere in there.

It just needed more of those tense horror moments that I loved about the Alien franchise.
---
#8CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 8:43:35 PM
Silent Sniper IV posted...
How was AVP? I won it from a steam sale event and still haven't played it because people kept telling me that the marine campaign was ok (aside from lack of things to kill compared to avp classic), but the other two were really bad. Also because it's 16 gigs for some reason I can't fathom.

It's clunky, easy to get lost, especially in the Alien levels, but overall I enjoyed it.
---
#9WinternovaPosted 2/18/2013 8:43:57 PM
Then = a temporal relationship. "I read the poor grammar in the topic and then replied."

Than = a comparison. "I surmise my intelligence is greater than yours."
---
Psalm 137:9 Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks
#10SunDevil77Posted 2/18/2013 8:45:49 PM
If Aliens: CM had the polish and graphics of AvP 2010, it would have done very well.

The setpieces are ace, the weapons are good, the characters are good enough (lets be honest, Ripley was the only real character after Aliens), the gameplay is better than AvP.

And especially online. Aliens should always control in third person, imo.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.