This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Out of these games, which one is the best value?

#1BronxstaPosted 2/18/2013 9:28:31 PM
So I only have enough for one. I don't play online multiplayer so judge the games only by their single-player/offline modes (bots, solo horde, arena mode, etc.) and replay value (different tactics, open-ended levels, etc.)

Dante's Inferno
Red Faction Armageddon
Bioshock 2
Fuel
X Men Origins Wolverine
Enslaved
Brink
Singularity
Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising
FEAR 2
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Rise of the Argonauts
Legendary
#200rageragePosted 2/18/2013 9:30:30 PM
I haven't play a lot of those but enslaved and singularity are both good for their cheap price
---
I HATED Final Fantasy X! People who agree: 1
God save me from your followers
#3Blade_Of_IcePosted 2/18/2013 9:32:40 PM
dantes inferno is a god of war clone, but very enjoyable.
#4HambodiasPosted 2/18/2013 9:34:08 PM
Bioshock 2 even though 1 is better
I hear Dante's Inferno is fun at first but gets bland after the first few levels.
and Splinter Cell was pretty cool
---
Dertbag Design
#5tarnishedashPosted 2/18/2013 9:35:07 PM
Red Faction is a lot of fun, with a bunch of solo horde mode maps, and a points based demolition mode, the demolition mode is pretty easy to beat, but I've played with a friend just passing a controller seeing who could be scores, was a lot of fun.
#6darkharePosted 2/18/2013 9:35:13 PM
Bronxsta posted...
So I only have enough for one. I don't play online multiplayer so judge the games only by their single-player/offline modes (bots, solo horde, arena mode, etc.) and replay value (different tactics, open-ended levels, etc.)

Dante's Inferno
Red Faction Armageddon
Bioshock 2
Fuel
X Men Origins Wolverine
Enslaved
Brink
Singularity
Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising
FEAR 2
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Rise of the Argonauts
Legendary

id go with rise of the argonauts and double agent.

---
sarcasm in this forum has gotten too deep, cant tell if everyones drowning in it or just over-reacting.
#7AbstraktProfSC2Posted 2/18/2013 9:35:47 PM
X Men Origins Wolverine is a god of war clone too

Pretty fun game actually
---
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/Abstrakt1/fullnxe/card.png http://i.imgur.com/IpQzE.png
#8tarnishedashPosted 2/18/2013 9:38:10 PM(edited)
tarnishedash posted...
Red Faction is a lot of fun, with a bunch of solo horde mode maps, and a points based demolition mode, the demolition mode is pretty easy to beat, but I've played with a friend just passing a controller seeing who could be scores, was a lot of fun.

Oh, plus there is a new game plus for campaign, you can enable "cheats" that give you any weapon anytime and stuff like that, and one of the weapons is a unicorn that shoots rainbows out of it's butt to kill basically everything. It's a third person shooter BTW.
#9bluehat94Posted 2/18/2013 9:40:55 PM
Singularity, Enslaved, and Bioshock 2.

Bioshock 2 is the longest at about 12-15 hours, and while it doesn't compare to the first game in terms of story, it's still a fantastic game with a solid story that has it's moments where it approaches the quality of the first game.

Enslaved has an amazing story, and is very pretty, but the gameplay can get pretty repetitive, it'll last about 8-10 hours

Singularity is a game that was definitely inspired by Bioshock, but stands very well on it's own two feet, the time manipulation mechanic is awesome, and the story is interesting. It will last about 7-9 hours.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#10Bronxsta(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 9:58:14 PM
So it seems like either:
Red Faction Armageddon
Bioshock 2
Dante's Inferno
Wolverine

Red Faction seems like the best value, with the various modes, New Game +, and cheats. Are there any enemies with guns or only alien creatures? And do the environments ever open up to bigger more manueverable areas? (I know it's not open world, but the demo didnt have the most impressive location.)

Never played a Bioshock game before, so no expections or anything like that for the sequel. I did hear that 2 has much better gameplay than the original

Don't have a good hack-n-slash yet for 360. Though it would hard to choose between the Inferno's awesome level and creature design and Wolverine's gore and visual effects