This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomb Raider multiplayer idea

#1HambodiasPosted 2/18/2013 9:31:48 PM
I think they shouldn't have necessarily focused on a competitive multiplayer but instead focused more of a free roam multiplayer.

It would be great if they set it up like they did with RDR. Give you challenges, gang hideouts, hunting, etc. Then they could've had some decent competitive game modes. Made me think how Rockstar would handle a Tomb Raider game.

That's just my thoughts and I would personally love for them to at least try to do this next game (as long as it doesn't take away from the single player)
---
Dertbag Design
#2bluehat94Posted 2/18/2013 9:33:02 PM
Tomb Raider isn't open world though, so i'm not too sure how that would work out.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#3darkharePosted 2/18/2013 9:33:54 PM
sounds to me like you should play red dead instead of wishing games played like another game.
---
sarcasm in this forum has gotten too deep, cant tell if everyones drowning in it or just over-reacting.
#4Hambodias(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 9:36:22 PM
sounds to me like you should play red dead instead of wishing games played like another game.

True, just throwing some ideas out there. I was just thinking of how good this Tomb Raider would fit with a RDR type mp
---
Dertbag Design
#5Hambodias(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 9:41:23 PM
Tomb Raider isn't open world though, so i'm not too sure how that would work out.

yeah. I know.

That's why i suggested it for the next installment (assuming this one does good) and maybe add a little more open world environment, but i doubt they will since I'm assuming that the next one wouldn't be on an island/wilderness type place like this one since this was supposed to be her story how she became Lara Croft.
---
Dertbag Design
#6bluehat94Posted 2/18/2013 9:43:15 PM
I just can't really see Tomb Raider as an entirely open world title, not all games benefit from the open world treatment.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#7JenniferTatePosted 2/18/2013 11:30:57 PM
In the Final Hours documentary it was mentioned they realized they had some interesting concepts that would lend themselves to co-op, but it was too late into the process to approach it. They knew from Guardian of Light that there was an audience for it, and it's how the MP was born.

I believe the MP has an emphasis on mobility, traversal, and traps to capture the "survival" aspect they're going for and transfer it to a cooperative environment. While it isn't the same as Gang Hideouts and Hunting, you can have that feeling of teamwork and success in MP.

Certainly not exactly the same, as one is clearly Player vs Player and not Player vs Environment, but perhaps you'll enjoy it.
---
"If it's important, do it every day. If it's not important, don't do it all." -Dan Gable