This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does Crysis 3 campaign length compare to 2?

#1pothocketPosted 2/19/2013 9:55:13 AM
Is it about the same or did they shorten it?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#2pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 11:47:32 AM
Anyone?

Well, picked it up on my lunch break. No instructions! Not even a half assed insert claiming I saved a bunch of trees or anything.
---
#3rockyoumonkeysPosted 2/19/2013 11:49:57 AM
pothocket posted...

Well, picked it up on my lunch break. No instructions! Not even a half assed insert claiming I saved a bunch of trees or anything.

This should hardly be a surprise. They've been phasing out instruction manuals for years now, and some games have been shipping with nothing at all for months now.

However, isn't this an EA game? Shouldn't there be an online pass or something?
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#4boolzeroPosted 2/19/2013 11:53:42 AM
rockyoumonkeys posted...
pothocket posted...

This should hardly be a surprise. They've been phasing out instruction manuals for years now, and some games have been shipping with nothing at all for months now.

There is a Hunter pass if you got the hunters edition from GameStop... Other than that piece of paper and the useless 90 day warranty paper, there is little else but case, disk and cover...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#5pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 11:54:04 AM
No on-line pass required! Game only came with one code for some "hunter edition" MP stuff but that's it.
---
#6pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 11:55:05 AM
boolzero posted...
rockyoumonkeys posted...
pothocket posted...

There is a Hunter pass if you got the hunters edition from GameStop... Other than that piece of paper and the useless 90 day warranty paper, there is little else but case, disk and cover...

I got my 'Hunter Edition' from K-mart
---
#7boolzeroPosted 2/19/2013 12:04:49 PM
pothocket posted...
Is it about the same or did they shorten it?

Just to add, the game does have a digital manual in the main menu section, which is surprisingly decent given the current nature of manuals in general. It covers everything briefly enough so that you know all you need to.
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#8Reel_Big_MikePosted 2/19/2013 12:08:41 PM
According to the GameTrailers review, the campaign is the shortest of the series at around 6 hours. But they said still gave the game a 9 saying the short campaign isn't a big deal b/c it's a very good campaign with lots of variety. I don't like Crysis so all I can say objectively is what I've heard from other places.
#9pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 12:17:02 PM
That's disappointing . I really dug how big the campaign in 2 was. Oh well, I always say quality of quantity. I'll see it for myself in a few hours.
---
#10Reel_Big_MikePosted 2/19/2013 12:54:40 PM
They did say that the campaign is far less linear and has much more open space to explore than the Crysis 2 campaign.