This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

buying 2 games today, need help trying to decide, want a few opinions please

#1Rod1984Posted 2/19/2013 10:08:18 AM
I am going to buy the new metal gear game, but I also want to buy either crysis 3 or dead space 3. Reviews for both are pretty good, single player for both looks and plays good, both kinda on the short side I believe depending how fast I rush through it and the online for both looks ok though I am not into multiplayer that much anyway so dont really care about that part of the game. What are your opinions on these two titles?
---
PSN: mavrik1984 - GamerTag: rod1984 - Steam: rod1984
#2liquidblue4Posted 2/19/2013 10:13:31 AM
I would personally go for Crysis 3.
Dead Space has been going downhill since DS1...
However, DS3 looks like a pretty good action game.
---
GT: Liquidbiue4
PSN: Liquidblue4
#3AWarAmp84Posted 2/19/2013 10:18:04 AM
If you don't normally get into MP then DS3 would be the way to go. On normal difficulty the game is about 10 hours long and the way the achievements work, you'll have quite a bit of replay value. I hear Crysis 3 is only 4-5 hours long and it's getting not so great reviews.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#4shawnmckPosted 2/19/2013 10:30:08 AM(edited)
Dead Space 3 has a better SP campaign, and is also a longer game.
Both games are good, but I personally think DS3 is the better game.

But ask yourself, do you want a FPS or a TPS..?

Although, since you are buying the MGR game....Crysis is a bit similar since you are wearing a nan suit that makes you feel like a bad-ass.
#5shawnmckPosted 2/19/2013 10:30:54 AM
liquidblue4 posted...

^ The same could be said of Crysis
#6PsychoDrama1Posted 2/19/2013 10:44:15 AM
I would go with Crysis 3. That way you can have MGS for single player hackin n' slashin and then jump on Crysis 3's Hunter Multiplayer Mode for a totally different experience. You can always get Dead Space 3 later and enjoy it without missing anything, but the Crysis mp might dry up in 6-8 months or so.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#7liquidblue4Posted 2/19/2013 12:53:43 PM
shawnmck posted...
liquidblue4 posted...

^ The same could be said of Crysis

this is true...
---
GT: Liquidbiue4
PSN: Liquidblue4