This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Between DS and ME, which EA series managed to survive fan backlash?

#1FirelanderXPosted 2/19/2013 9:22:30 AM
Dead Space or Mass Effect? - Results (44 votes)
Dead Space
59.09% (26 votes)
Mass Effect
40.91% (18 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Both of these games managed to cause quite a stir when they released, but in my opinion, Dead Space 3 was a fun addition to the series. While Dead Space 2 is my favorite, Dead Space 3's co-op and weapon customization were a welcome addition to the series, even if I kind of resent the idea or universal ammo. While I liked Mass Effect 3, there is no denying that the original ending disappointed many fans of the series, and some say that alone ruined the whole series for them. What series do you think had a better overall reception?
---
Gamertag: FirelanderX
#2JKSonicPosted 2/19/2013 9:23:58 AM
Forgot to add Dragon's Age, yet another game that drastically changed direction.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#3SunDevil77Posted 2/19/2013 9:24:11 AM
Um...both? Both are generally regarded as good series' still.
Neither have faced RE6 sized backlash.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#4JKSonicPosted 2/19/2013 9:27:23 AM
Um...both? Both are generally regarded as good series' still.
Neither have faced RE6 sized backlash.

I think the more proper question would be...instead of asking about overall reception ask about reception from long-time fans of the series.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#5rockyoumonkeysPosted 2/19/2013 10:58:38 AM
Eh, it's hard to compare them.

Mass Effect 3 was tremendous right up until the last ten or fifteen minutes. Then it went horribly wrong. I haven't yet played the extended ending (wanted to wait until all the DLC was out and then start a "complete" playthrough) so I don't know to what extent it fixes things, but it doesn't sound like they fixed it nearly to my expectations.

Dead Space 3 was bland throughout, but not unplayably bad. Just boring and occasionally tedious, and once you land on the planet, it's just never remotely fun again.

If I'm being perfectly honest, I'll stick with both series. But my expectations for Dead Space 4 will be quite a bit lower.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#6jessica73Posted 2/19/2013 11:01:53 AM
I hear DS3 is awesome throughout, so I guess that
ME3 was mediocre throughout then took a deathbed s*** right at the end
---
http://raptr.com/badge/f0fa47c78dcfa98e0ef40d5cccbcad99/ach.png
#7mrhappyguy12345Posted 2/19/2013 11:17:14 AM(edited)
Haven't played me3, but ds3 is fantastic so far(I'm on ch7). That guy/site that gave it a 4/10 was high as hell. Even if he wasn't a fan there is nothing broken or poorly done about it to justify such a low score. It looks great, controls are tight, action is fun as ever, blah blah blah.
---
I love video games : )
#8SonyHoundDawgPosted 2/19/2013 11:42:22 AM
Both are fine today. DS3 is a great game. ME series is mega popular and still very active on multiplayer with people frothing at the mouth for next dlc singple player and multi
#9darkharePosted 2/19/2013 11:44:30 AM
FirelanderX posted...
Both of these games managed to cause quite a stir when they released, but in my opinion, Dead Space 3 was a fun addition to the series. While Dead Space 2 is my favorite, Dead Space 3's co-op and weapon customization were a welcome addition to the series, even if I kind of resent the idea or universal ammo. While I liked Mass Effect 3, there is no denying that the original ending disappointed many fans of the series, and some say that alone ruined the whole series for them. What series do you think had a better overall reception?

good poll, i think DeadSpace did the best with this.
---
sarcasm in this forum has gotten too deep, cant tell if everyones drowning in it or just over-reacting.