This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When I'm downloading a game, sometimes it will stop and say "pending"...

#1Trigger2KPosted 2/19/2013 10:50:27 AM
Any idea why this is? I'll get a message saying my download has stopped, and then when I check active downloads it says pending. After a few minutes it will start again.

My 360 is new and I got a new 320 gb Halo 4 hard drive off eBay. Could it be the Internet connection, the hard drive, or the network itself having issues?

I've never seen this happen with my PS3 on the same connection so I'm clueless.
---
crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
#2Knight_Rider_3KPosted 2/19/2013 10:56:35 AM
It will stop downloading if you are playing an online game, even if its just for leaderboard updates.
---
You may beat me at a game, but with my smoking hot wife, I win at life.
#3pothocketPosted 2/19/2013 10:58:10 AM(edited)
If you're streaming video it'll stop downloading. Most games allow downloads in the background while playing single player but not ones like Borderlands because even single player is a private server.

Also, even in single player games it's normal to get that message in between levels as the game quickly connects for whatever reason. Even Portal2 does this.

---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#4BansDontWorkPosted 2/19/2013 10:57:00 AM
It's a drop in connection to Live. Nothing surprising there.
---
I feast on that control method you call Karma.
#5pothocketPosted 2/19/2013 10:58:36 AM
BansDontWork posted...
It's a drop in connection to Live. Nothing surprising there.

Don't listen to this guy.
---
#6Trigger2K(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 11:02:15 AM
It does it when I'm not doing anything else on the console. I'll have it on the active download screen watching the percentage go up while I'm on the computer browsing whatever. I'll hear a beep, look at the TV, and it will say download stopped.
---
crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
#7darkharePosted 2/19/2013 11:10:12 AM
When I'm downloading a game, sometimes it will stop and say "pending"...

sometimes when im taking a crap, i sniff to see if i can smell what im pooping.
---
sarcasm in this forum has gotten too deep, cant tell if everyones drowning in it or just over-reacting.
#8pothocketPosted 2/19/2013 11:12:16 AM
Hmmm....that is interesting. If you're not using a wireless adaptor than I have no clue. My wireless used to do that some days but I finally moved and was able to plug it in.
---
#9GGearXPosted 2/19/2013 11:19:49 AM
Trigger2K posted...
It does it when I'm not doing anything else on the console. I'll have it on the active download screen watching the percentage go up while I'm on the computer browsing whatever.

There ya go. If you're using the computer downloading stuff or just watching a youtube video the xbox will be pausing because there isn't enough MB( or whatever Internet you have) to share between the Console and the computer. I know I get disconnected when I am downloading from my phone. They changed something with the last update. I think the xbox gets last priority when other devices are using the Internet.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#10Trigger2K(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 11:39:02 AM
GGearX posted...
Trigger2K posted...
It does it when I'm not doing anything else on the console. I'll have it on the active download screen watching the percentage go up while I'm on the computer browsing whatever.

There ya go. If you're using the computer downloading stuff or just watching a youtube video the xbox will be pausing because there isn't enough MB( or whatever Internet you have) to share between the Console and the computer. I know I get disconnected when I am downloading from my phone. They changed something with the last update. I think the xbox gets last priority when other devices are using the Internet.

Ah, so it's normal. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue since again I never saw this happen with my PS3. Unless it also stops but didn't give a message.
---