This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games similar to Darksiders.

#1xPercivala2536xPosted 2/19/2013 3:27:32 PM
I played the original Darksiders during it's release, totally loved it, I was a total Zelda die hard since AlttP, and all the way up until Skyward Sword, when I just never purchased a Wii after my first one busted. Anyways, Darksiders was the demonic, darker version of Zelda it felt to me, a great game.

I'm currently playing Darksiders 2, and while it has RPG elements now, it's still a great puzzle/action/platforming game.

I also own Prince of Persia, the one focused on Arihman engulfing the world in darkness and corruption. I own the DMC HD collection, and DMC4.

What I'm really looking for is a game or game series that is similar to Darksiders, in turn similar to Legend of Zelda, but I'm also looking for more high quality action games like DMC, and Darksiders.

I suppose I could pick up Ninja Gaiden 2, but I was never into the Ninja stuff, though the challenge was awesome. Any suggestions.
---
"I ran into a mexican dragon earlier, he used Unrelenting Force, but it came out TA COB ELL..." - blasterfaster443
#2FiftyYen83Posted 2/19/2013 3:33:26 PM
Try these

Dante's Inferno
Dark Souls
Dishonored
Kingdom of Amalaur
#3Darkest_EvilPosted 2/19/2013 3:34:41 PM
umm devil may cry
metal gear new one
ninja gaiden 3
prince of persia
beyonetta
bullet witch etc
---
http://castleminerz.freeforums.org/index.php
#4xPercivala2536x(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 3:38:33 PM
I've been meaning to purchase Dishonored eventually. I played about 3 hours of it at a friends house the night of release, and it was fun, reminded me of Bioshock in ways, and Bethesda games in others. I will eventually. I own Kingdoms and have been playing that game for months. I have heard of Dantes Inferno, and how it is very similar to God of War. Totally spaced on that one, I love GoW so I'll be picking that up.

And then there is Dark Souls.

I don't know what it was about that game. It looked great, it had that japanese game feel to it, can't explain what that means, but it had that feeling to it, similar to Dragons Dogma, in ways. I just couldn't grasp it, I didn't understand it. The controls seemed counter intuitive(granted I spent only about 2 hours total, and never got passed the area outside the opening tutorial prison). It wasn't a bad game, it was confusing for me, which was even more confusing because I love difficult games, I love a challenge, I LOVE complicated game systems like crafting, enchanting, combos, statistics that are upgradable and all manageable. Basically I love micro managing and having a challenge, but the game did not click.

I will pick it up again and just force myself to play it.
---
"I ran into a mexican dragon earlier, he used Unrelenting Force, but it came out TA COB ELL..." - blasterfaster443
#5SunDevil77Posted 2/19/2013 3:40:40 PM
Have you given the Fable series a try?
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#6xPercivala2536x(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 3:43:32 PM
Yes, I was hyped for every Fable release by peter and let down in more ways than one.
---
#7XechsPosted 2/19/2013 3:47:08 PM
If you like DMC style, you definitely must try out bayonetta, I really recommend that. Ninja gaiden 2 is also great action games.

As for darsiders, it's a little hard, the only thing zelda like is probably okami (great game if you've never played it before but a PSN download and PS2 game).

As for action/adventure bit of puzzles and platforming with action I recommend castlevania lord of shadows and the new metal gear revengence game.
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier
#8foodeater4Posted 2/19/2013 3:52:56 PM
xPercivala2536x posted...
I've been meaning to purchase Dishonored eventually. I played about 3 hours of it at a friends house the night of release, and it was fun, reminded me of Bioshock in ways, and Bethesda games in others. I will eventually. I own Kingdoms and have been playing that game for months. I have heard of Dantes Inferno, and how it is very similar to God of War. Totally spaced on that one, I love GoW so I'll be picking that up.

And then there is Dark Souls.

I don't know what it was about that game. It looked great, it had that japanese game feel to it, can't explain what that means, but it had that feeling to it, similar to Dragons Dogma, in ways. I just couldn't grasp it, I didn't understand it. The controls seemed counter intuitive(granted I spent only about 2 hours total, and never got passed the area outside the opening tutorial prison). It wasn't a bad game, it was confusing for me, which was even more confusing because I love difficult games, I love a challenge, I LOVE complicated game systems like crafting, enchanting, combos, statistics that are upgradable and all manageable. Basically I love micro managing and having a challenge, but the game did not click.

I will pick it up again and just force myself to play it.

Once Dark Souls it clicks it will suck away your life. I had a tough time with the game at first because they basically tell you nothing. I hate modern day game tutorials, but Dark Souls could have used a bit more help. Like even equiping a spell and using it took some time to figure out. Theres tons of good beginners guides out there, wether you want to read, or watch one on you tube just look for them and it will help immensely