This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want Valve to make a Alien game that's exactly like Left 4 Dead

#1Dillon360Posted 2/20/2013 10:30:12 AM(edited)
And it mainly has to do with the AI Director.

Random spawns. Different types of Aliens can attack you from ANYWHERE! Face huggers should also be included. The Queen could even serve as the Tank... It's perfect!

Just have the levels be from all of the Alien movies. Have situations in L4D2 where there are infinite Aliens rushing at you while you have to rush from point A to point B, find a door, seal it, all while holding back infinite waves of Aliens!

That would be awesome! And the random spawns would kill the predictability and give it infinite replay value!

Make it happen Valve!
---
I... MIGHT just explode, my... MIND'S in sick mode, and... I can't control my... HUNGER...
In my wicked soul, all kinds of **** grows, and I just expose my....
#2Vincent_CorePosted 2/20/2013 10:33:26 AM
Then it take them 10 years to make. Valve is a terrible developer.
---
Learn to fight against your weak side and you'll naturally become stronger.
#3pothocketPosted 2/20/2013 10:34:35 AM
Or just spawn in more lurkers in CM. They're exactly the enemy type that people claim Aliens behave as.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#4Dillon360(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 10:39:24 AM
Vincent_Core posted...

But their games are always worth the wait!

Left 4 Dead: My favorite zombie game

Team Fortress 2: One of my favorite MP games

Portal 2: One of the funniest games I have ever played. And my favorite puzzle game

Yeah!
---
I... MIGHT just explode, my... MIND'S in sick mode, and... I can't control my... HUNGER...
#5SSJGrimReaperPosted 2/20/2013 10:40:19 AM
Only if we can grab pills
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
http://i.imgur.com/wdoDMOo.gif
#6Dillon360(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 10:43:40 AM(edited)
pothocket posted...
Or just spawn in more lurkers in CM. They're exactly the enemy type that people claim Aliens behave as.

I haven't played the game yet.

How exactly do these... "lurkers" act?

How many... "lurkers" will I encounter throughout the single player campaign?

And how many levels (chapters) do they appear in?

Thanks!
---
#7SunDevil77Posted 2/20/2013 10:43:14 AM
It's nice to want things.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#8tracazoidPosted 2/20/2013 10:52:06 AM(edited)
Vincent_Core posted...

The funniest thing is they release a game every year, not sure where this 10 years stuff came from as I've heard it several times. Half Life is the exception, you can't really blame them for wanting to get the series that put them on the map right, while others would rather milk the franchises they own for a quick buck.

Outside of that Valve has released a new title or even two every year since they started in the industry, not bad for a developer with about 400 people.
#9pothocketPosted 2/20/2013 11:17:20 AM(edited)
Dillon360 posted...
pothocket posted...

I haven't played the game yet.

How many... "lurkers" will I encounter throughout the single player campaign?

And how many levels (chapters) do they appear in?

Thanks!

They're like unicorns. Which is a shame.

They run and hide, they use cover while closing distances, and (most importantly) they have an incap move similar to the L4D Hunter. Also, they're just about the only encounters that make the motion tracker useful.

If they would just change the spawns so every 3rd soldier spawned in as a Lurker instead the game would feel completely different.

But the Aliens only "lurk" in the 1st and 3rd movie. In the 2nd, which this game is based off of, they swarm. So I guess that's why there's not many of them. There is one area near the end of the game that does mixes lurkers with soldiers and it's pretty intense.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#10BJW1980Posted 2/20/2013 10:48:31 AM
Really? You want a LFD clone using Aliens. I couldn't think of anything more boring than endless re-spawning waves of aliens with the sole purpose of doing nothing more than going from point A to B. Ugh, horrible idea.