This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't recall the last time a game has annoyed me as much as Dead Space 3.

#1Dragon NexusPosted 2/20/2013 12:37:14 PM(edited)
You know, one that I wasn't playing multiplayer on (Halo 4 rage quit ahoy)

I would die in the previous games and I'd get annoyed, sure. But I could blame something like my crap aiming skills or something like that. I didn't feel I had to blame the swarming, badly designed enemies and spawn points for it.

I hate the way you can barely make the enemies flinch now, I'll unload any number of weapon typed against them and they just keep coming like I'm not doing anything. What's started happening more and more is I get bunched into claustrophobic rooms where the only space is right next to a vent. So I walk into a room, trigger the encounter and three or more creatures will drop in, surrounding me instantly. I'll try to kill them as they charge at me, but they invariably reach me, get a hit in and then stand right in my personal space so I can't bloody see anything.

The gunplay for Dead Space 3 is terrible. How did they take something that felt so satisfying and cathartic and turn it into such an ineffectual and frustrating load of arse?

And it feels like every room is the same. You walk into an area and then spend the next 10 minutes fighting off wave after wave of infuriating, mindless, charging necromorphs that don't seem bothered by your bullets, quickly swarm you and take you down.

And this isn't even a survival horror thing because I'm draging 400+ clips and 80+ medpacks behind me in a huge sack with SWAG written on it. I'm not surviving, I'm just getting annoyed with it. There's no ammo conservation and I'm not dying, I'm just hating every moment of combat I'm put into.

TL;DR A lot of whining.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#2s2goodPosted 2/20/2013 12:39:41 PM
NO skill.
---
XBLIVE - Sonic B0000M NNID - Sonic_B0000M
PSN - Dragon--Punch STEAM - Sonic B0000M
#3pothocketPosted 2/20/2013 12:40:07 PM
All the people I know who game decided to pass on DS3 after the demo. Someone on the dev team really needed to speak up and say, "you know, just because every other game has crafting and cover based shooting doesn't mean WE have to do it too. Our series has fans, they like the taste of our game, so why are we discussing changing the recipe?"
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#4VIC10U5Posted 2/20/2013 12:44:15 PM
pothocket posted...
All the people I know who game decided to pass on DS3 after the demo. Someone on the dev team really needed to speak up and say, "you know, just because every other game has crafting and cover based shooting doesn't mean WE have to do it too. Our series has fans, they like the taste of our game, so why are we discussing changing the recipe?"

You must know terrible "gamers" then. DS3 is great and the shooting feels better than ever. Get better, IMO.
#5SunDevil77Posted 2/20/2013 12:46:38 PM
I quite liked DS3, especially co op...but man, did it piss me right the hell off at some parts.

The ziplining, and the flying through space towards the end caused me to put together probably my longest string of curse words I have ever put together.

They're worse than QTEs. Worse than RE6's QTEs.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#6pothocketPosted 2/20/2013 12:47:07 PM
VIC10U5 posted...
pothocket posted...

You must know terrible "gamers" then. DS3 is great and the shooting feels better than ever. Get better, IMO.

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind tonight when we're hanging out and need a laugh.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#7VIC10U5Posted 2/20/2013 12:55:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8bigwaynerPosted 2/20/2013 12:57:30 PM
It's an OK game, just a shame its more action-oriented. Survival Horror games are a dying breed and its saddening.
#9NixemoPosted 2/20/2013 12:57:35 PM
VIC10U5 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
I quite liked DS3, especially co op...but man, did it piss me right the hell off at some parts.

The ziplining, and the flying through space towards the end caused me to put together probably my longest string of curse words I have ever put together.

They're worse than QTEs. Worse than RE6's QTEs.

No. Nothing is worse than rope climbing in RE6. Nothing. Also, to the guy with the stupid hotpocket name. Go ahead and laugh during your circle jerk. Will make your friends go flaccid right before they were about to finish on your face.

Wow.
---
Visit my gaming site: www.thegameasylum.com
AC: City Folk - Name: Alex - City: Viridian - Friend Code: 0173-8160-2616
#10Dragon Nexus(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 12:58:51 PM
DS3 is great and the shooting feels better than ever. Get better, IMO.

Wrong. the shooting is worse. Quantifiably worse.
If it takes more shots from a plasma cutter to even make the enemy realise he's being shot, it's worse. If the enemies towards the end require me to cut every single limb off before they die, it's worse. If all the weapons in general feel substantially weaker, it's worse.

I'll get this straight. I don't mind the crafting system. I preferred the original system with nodes and such, but the crafting doesn't bother me. The cover based shooting is extremely pointless and didn't need to exist, but it's not particularly offensive. The co-op...eh, they didn't force me to have Carver tagging along with me like Resident Evil does, so it's mostly inoffensive. Apart from the co-op only missions.

I simply hate the gunplay. Gunplay that was brilliant in the previous games, it felt well balanced for the most part and killing the enemies felt satisfying. More importantly it didn't feel like a damn chore to pump shot after shot into an enemy before he finally bloody died. A lot of the enemies just take too damn long to kill so you spend so much time on it that you get swamped by the three others who also take too damn long to kill.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln