This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What type of game structure do you think would make for a better Aliens game?

#11TheBlueStigPosted 2/20/2013 1:51:10 PM
Option A.

Alien Trilogy, PS1, still the best Aliens game not involving Predators ever made.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#12Carte360Posted 2/20/2013 1:53:02 PM
Option B.... Newt (nute? I forget) = Clementine.

<3
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#13alienfreaks04Posted 2/20/2013 1:54:40 PM
Akiba69 posted...
Scripted isn't scary nor is it fun.

Make it less actiony more suspenseful. Rely on the atmosphere, sound design lighting and pacing. Don't just throw alien after alien. It gets boring and loses it's meaning within the first 5 you cut down.
Make resources extremely limited, same with health. Have a few npcs who you can issue orders to. Once they die, they are dead. Make the game full of tension, suspense and choices that matter.

Though i doubt this could be done on a console as many gamers who play consoles, not all, but the majority, are inpatient. Would make a great pc game though.

Why couldn't this be done on console?
---
My signature is better than yours.
#14Carte360Posted 2/20/2013 2:01:17 PM
Akiba69 posted...

Though i doubt this could be done on a console as many gamers who play consoles, not all, but the majority, are inpatient. Would make a great pc game though.

Yeaaah.... No.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#15pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 3:41:47 PM
And it's split after 20 votes. I hope this poll doesn't just prove that the fan base will never be happy regardless of the Aliens game they get :\
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#16TheBlueStigPosted 2/20/2013 7:11:11 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Option A.

Alien Trilogy, PS1, still the best Aliens game not involving Predators ever made.

Now that I think about this, the perfect game engine already up and running, ready to go, for a new Alien Trilogy game would be the Rage engine. Dark and creepy, AI that can be fast and deadly without being stupid, and awesome graphics. Hell even the Doom 3 engine could work with an update to the texture quality and bump mapping.

The entire game engine is already done, just change out the sounds, weapon models, player models, creature models & animations, and player & NPC models.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin