This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Splinter Cell question

#1denniedarkoPosted 2/20/2013 1:44:22 PM
As I have never played the series before I thought I would get into it. I like the stealth type gameplay, (big MGS fan), and the more realistic approach interests me.

I found both Double Agent and Conviction for the 360, but cannot find the HD trilogy at all. Does it exist, or was it a PS3 exclusive? If it doesn't exist, is there anyway to play the first three games on the 360? GoD versions, or will the xbox versions work?

And last question. Do I have to play the first three or can I get by just fine starting with Double Agent? I feel I would get a lot more out of the series if I played the first three.

Thank you.
---
Now Playing: Dead Space 3, Halo 4, DmC, Sly Cooper HD Collection
Last Played: Halo 3 (8/10), Aliens: Colonial Marines (2/10), DmC (10/10, I loved this game)
#2glassghost0Posted 2/20/2013 1:49:06 PM
denniedarko posted...
As I have never played the series before I thought I would get into it. I like the stealth type gameplay, (big MGS fan), and the more realistic approach interests me.

I found both Double Agent and Conviction for the 360, but cannot find the HD trilogy at all. Does it exist, or was it a PS3 exclusive? If it doesn't exist, is there anyway to play the first three games on the 360? GoD versions, or will the xbox versions work?

And last question. Do I have to play the first three or can I get by just fine starting with Double Agent? I feel I would get a lot more out of the series if I played the first three.

Thank you.

The HD collection was PS3 exclusive. Chaos Theory, the 3rd game, is available in the marketplace. As for 1 and 2, you can play the original copies on the 360.

As a huge fan of the series, I would say start with 1, but you would be ok starting with Double Agent, but take note that the Original Xbox version of Double Agent is much better than the 360 version.
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#3Akiba69Posted 2/20/2013 1:50:15 PM
I don't think you really need to play them but i would highly recommend you do. They are great, though the best splinter cell is without a doubt chaos theory. CT is much better than any SC game that came out this gen.
#4denniedarko(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 1:50:34 PM
glassghost0 posted...
denniedarko posted...

Thank you.

The HD collection was PS3 exclusive. Chaos Theory, the 3rd game, is available in the marketplace. As for 1 and 2, you can play the original copies on the 360.

As a huge fan of the series, I would say start with 1, but you would be ok starting with Double Agent, but take note that the Original Xbox version of Double Agent is much better than the 360 version.

Really? Why is that? I thought I had read the 360 version tied directly into Conviction where as the other versions did not.
---
Last Played: Halo 3 (8/10), Aliens: Colonial Marines (2/10), DmC (10/10, I loved this game)
#5TravarkothPosted 2/20/2013 1:50:47 PM
Agree with what glassghost said, including the Original vs the 360 version.
---
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
#6gldooriiPosted 2/20/2013 1:52:07 PM
I'd also recommend playing them in order only because I had played..ummm..I think Conviction (iirc) and there were plenty of story elements that carried over that clearly got spoiled. I had only played the first game before Conviction, however it was still good..but I wish I hadve went back and just started them all over.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#7denniedarko(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 1:56:04 PM
And if I can't find the xbox versions is the PS3 collection worth getting in their place?
---
#8TravarkothPosted 2/20/2013 1:58:24 PM
And if I can't find the xbox versions is the PS3 collection worth getting in their place?

Yeah. I owned it. The addition of a quicksave was great, however some features are cut - like Co-Op in Chaos Theory.
---
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
#9denniedarko(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 2:04:10 PM
Travarkoth posted...

Yeah. I owned it. The addition of a quicksave was great, however some features are cut - like Co-Op in Chaos Theory.

Cool, not to worried about co-op, just looks like the cheaper/easiest route to play the games.

Thanks, I appreciate it.
---
#10majinbuu58Posted 2/20/2013 2:17:39 PM
Chaos Theory is the best stealth game ever created.