This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the end of the "Single Player gaming" in the air?

#11CaIiber345Posted 2/20/2013 4:24:11 PM
No.

However, social media is now an integral part of people's lives, and as technology moves forward, social media is going to move with it.

I am with you, personally. I don't use Facebook, Nextflix, Hulu, and whatever the hell else is out there. I don't care about tracking all of my friends and what they're doing in games, or life, or whatever through a computer screen or video game console. That's what a telephone and our voices are for.

So long as they continue to recognize and develop games with strong single player components, they can do whatever they want with Multiplayer gaming and social media.
---
"Tonight was darker than technology." Warrior Soul, Chuck Pfarrer
Hail HYDRA!
#12memphis12Posted 2/20/2013 4:27:59 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
In late 2011 an actual study was conducted on gamers' habits. Not just surveys, you know, a genuine study (I'm too lazy to find a link, you've got google), and almost 80% said they still spent a majority of their gaming time in SP.

The industry can only force it so hard.

Ahhh, find the link Vig. It's nearly 1am here in UK & I'm nodding off. I need SP games, I have literally no interest in MP, or even co-op to be honest,
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#13ab2c4Posted 2/20/2013 4:40:34 PM
Single player gaming is and will remain the cornerstone of video gaming.
#14MertensCWPosted 2/20/2013 4:44:28 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
In late 2011 an actual study was conducted on gamers' habits. Not just surveys, you know, a genuine study (I'm too lazy to find a link, you've got google), and almost 80% said they still spent a majority of their gaming time in SP.

The industry can only force it so hard.

The funny thing is as they made it more social for some , it killed my interest in MP. I blame party chat.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#15Pacman2dxPosted 2/20/2013 4:46:42 PM
We should have known that this was the route Sony was gonna take as it's been kinda successful for the XBOX and mostly the Wii .. if everything works the way they expect it to it should be a decent console. Hopefully they don't focus too heavily on social gaming like MSFT has for the past 2 - 3 years ..
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Who dares, wins.