This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Motion controls? Social media? Mobile games? WHO CARES!!!!!????

#11oasisbeyondPosted 2/21/2013 1:10:51 AM(edited)
I remember as a child we all thought there would be robots in 2000... Once 2000 hit... I realized we Humans are the ones becoming robots. We barely talk, call or look at people anymore. Phones started this trend and gaming will go this route. I guess in life it's cool to have 300+ fake friends then 3 real/true friends.

#Robotsmaycry.
#12scoobydoobydontPosted 2/21/2013 2:42:11 AM
Will you be my fake friend, Oasis?
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#13cup_a_soupPosted 2/21/2013 2:58:47 AM
sk4ndalous posted...
and yet microsoft really pushed facebook on the 360 hard a few years back to the cheers of microsoft fanboys the world over.

lol

Exactly. So what Sony is doing is nothing new or special to us any more (if it ever was in the first place).

They are quite literally playing a game of catchup.
#14Rome218Posted 2/21/2013 3:22:19 AM
I feel the same way TC. Also I consider phone gaming and console gaming to be different. It's like preferring two different sports, and the only thing they have in common is that.. they're sports.

As far as phones killing handhelds. There are a few theories I have.

The games on phone are cheap and can reach a larger audience. Even old people will purchase games every now and then.

I don't feel the 3DS nor the PS Vita has any really strong games to make people want to purchase them.

If people have a few hundred laying around, they'd probably want to get a new phone over a new handheld. Phones do so much more.

Phones are so popular, it's cool to pull out the latest phone. What isn't cool and is pulling out a handheld. The hot chick next to you isn't going to be interested in that, in fact; it will probably have an opposite affect. You will look like a total tool to use it in public unless you are 10.

No offense to any one who pulls their handhelds out in public. I used to do it in air ports all the time, before cell phones had games.
---
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write
#15thedivineslaserPosted 2/21/2013 5:59:58 AM(edited)
Lol if you guys think MS is going to be any different. They'll probably be worse in regards to social media stuff.
---
<3 Mit allem dein Herz <3
Sheath your e-wangs, we are friends here.
#16Akiba69Posted 2/21/2013 6:06:38 AM
Because motion controls are gimmicks that get some people, i have no idea who, but some people excited.

Social media is a clever tool used to cheaply, and most of the time freely, advertise the system and promote it without needing to run ads online or tv. I am sure you have come across pages from games asking for X amount of likes for something to be revealed. It is just like that. The ability to share things with a button allows that kind of exposure for the ps4. This isn't so much for you, it's for them.

Mobile games, thats more for the casual crowd and another gimmick, it is also kind of clever as that is the way the future is heading. More things will be mobile, so getting your stuff out onto it is the way to go, the downside to this is that while the tech has changed (not much at all compared to PCs) the developers and publishers haven't, as evident by Killzone. Expect more brown, but this time with even more lens flare and bloom!

I expect much much worse from the next xbox though.
#17MisterNoGoodPosted 2/21/2013 6:42:33 AM
I agree TC, those are just some of the reasons I hate the direction modern consoles are going in. I am done with modern consoles now and I have started buying retro consoles that I missed out on back in the day.
---
Retro gamer.
#18dj___rollPosted 2/21/2013 9:53:28 AM
Quote:Couldn't agree more, TC. All this social gaming media crap sickens me. Gamers have devolved into these complacent, afraid to be alone/ unconnected for two seconds, texting obsessed weenies. When are these kids ever going to get off my lawwn..., ahem, console.
@BJW1980

In this post an anti-social gamer lambasts other people for not wanting sit alone at home playing video games with no one to talk to.

It's optional. Just because YOU don't want or care for it doesn't mean every else doesn't.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#19gumbyxcore99Posted 2/21/2013 9:57:59 AM
You realize achievements are one of the pioneering features of social gaming right?
---
iller than phil schiller