This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playing your 360 in a shower?

#11darkharePosted 2/20/2013 11:38:38 PM
natevines posted...
lol @ BlueStig. If electronics in the bathroom weren't a great idea, how the hell does my toilet work?! Silly guy

toilets use water pressure to flush, not electricity.
#12WhoIsTheDrizzlePosted 2/20/2013 11:41:02 PM
natevines posted...
lol @ BlueStig. If electronics in the bathroom weren't a great idea, how the hell does my toilet work?! Silly guy

You don't need electricity to use the toilet...it's only used when refilling and that's not even necessary.
---
Do Work.
#13darkharePosted 2/20/2013 11:49:51 PM
WhoIsTheDrizzle posted...
natevines posted...

You don't need electricity to use the toilet...it's only used when refilling and that's not even necessary.

toilets use cold water not hot to fill it, electricity isnt used to fill the water closet in the back of the toilet air pressure through the pipes is but electricity is used to heat the water in your water heater.
#14xPercivala2536xPosted 2/20/2013 11:58:53 PM
My bathroom has 4 electronic devices. One not made for the bathroom, and still running strong.

I have an electronic hand sense faucet, which senses my hand when over it, underneath it or to the side of it, and it increases the flow of water if it senses my hands are moving in the under position because it assumes I am lathering with soap.

I have an electronic soap/toothpaste and toothbrush cleaner, which I can set how much it dispenses, it tells me the level in the tubes by how much pressure it's applying to squeeze compared to how much space in the tube chamber was taken up, and it also beeps when low or if children are playing with it, it helps keep my daughter from using too much soap or playing with toothpaste(it's happened).

I have a Bose soundbar hanging above my far wall, right on top of the venting system I installed, which is also electronic. It senses the temperature in the room, the humidity, vents to keep it at the set temp and humidity. It is great because it's 100% quiet, and efficient, and easy to control with a remote. If I want a totally steamed shower(great for when your congested or getting the wife in the mood for morning funstuff before work), if I want a totally un steamy shower, where when I step out it's 85 degrees in warmth, and it's 100% dry, like a nice beach day, I can do that.

The bose sound bar is the only one not meant for a bathroom, and it's been in there for years and works great. I have an AUX cord running through the wall down to an enclosed glass case hanging off the wall that has a dock that works with my better halves iPod Classic, and my Zune. The cord goes in, you use the remote, which I succesfully waterproofed and have hanging in the shower(yeah, get a remote, purchase a air tight sealable vacuum bag from a dealer on the internet that is customizable in size, put the remote in it, any remote, get the appropriate smaller hosing needed and pump to seal it, and as you do, scrunch the excess bag to the back of the remote, and fasten velcro to the back to make it look nice). Totally works. You can then control the music. Pretty nifty.

The best part is, I'm a working middle class man with a pretty big family. My bathroom rocks.
---
"I ran into a mexican dragon earlier, he used Unrelenting Force, but it came out TA COB ELL..." - blasterfaster443
#15TheBlueStigPosted 2/21/2013 12:31:36 AM
xPercivala2536x posted...
My bathroom has 4 electronic devices. One not made for the bathroom, and still running strong.

I have an electronic hand sense faucet, which senses my hand when over it, underneath it or to the side of it, and it increases the flow of water if it senses my hands are moving in the under position because it assumes I am lathering with soap.

I have an electronic soap/toothpaste and toothbrush cleaner, which I can set how much it dispenses, it tells me the level in the tubes by how much pressure it's applying to squeeze compared to how much space in the tube chamber was taken up, and it also beeps when low or if children are playing with it, it helps keep my daughter from using too much soap or playing with toothpaste(it's happened).

I have a Bose soundbar hanging above my far wall, right on top of the venting system I installed, which is also electronic. It senses the temperature in the room, the humidity, vents to keep it at the set temp and humidity. It is great because it's 100% quiet, and efficient, and easy to control with a remote. If I want a totally steamed shower(great for when your congested or getting the wife in the mood for morning funstuff before work), if I want a totally un steamy shower, where when I step out it's 85 degrees in warmth, and it's 100% dry, like a nice beach day, I can do that.

The bose sound bar is the only one not meant for a bathroom, and it's been in there for years and works great. I have an AUX cord running through the wall down to an enclosed glass case hanging off the wall that has a dock that works with my better halves iPod Classic, and my Zune. The cord goes in, you use the remote, which I succesfully waterproofed and have hanging in the shower(yeah, get a remote, purchase a air tight sealable vacuum bag from a dealer on the internet that is customizable in size, put the remote in it, any remote, get the appropriate smaller hosing needed and pump to seal it, and as you do, scrunch the excess bag to the back of the remote, and fasten velcro to the back to make it look nice). Totally works. You can then control the music. Pretty nifty.

The best part is, I'm a working middle class man with a pretty big family. My bathroom rocks.

Bose makes their products to FAR higher quality levels than the 360, and you're just talking about a sound bar, which is most likely a sealed unit. The rest are products made to be in a bathroom and have been waterproofed.

There are TV's made to be used outdoors which have been moisture-proofed, but no 360 has ever been waterproofed from the factory.

The 360 doesn't function well in high heat environments as it is, adding high humidity to that is a recipe for fast death.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#16MK_GodPosted 2/21/2013 12:32:10 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]