This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's official. PS4 will NOT block used games.

#1memphis12Posted 2/21/2013 5:13:10 AM
Well, it's official Sony PS4 will NOT block used games. I need to hear something from the Microsoft camp ... Just to sort out my curiosity,
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#2zerooo0Posted 2/21/2013 5:14:57 AM
Was their any reason for them to expect it to block out used games? I expect the next Xbox wont block out used games either.
---
I do typing exclusively on my Tablet, so expect errors in my posts. At least until I get my new Laptop.
#3HajimeNoIppoPosted 2/21/2013 5:16:08 AM
As I just posted on another topic. They don't want to allow Ps3 games, and you seriously think they will allow Ps4 Used games. Please.
#4memphis12(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 5:16:25 AM
zerooo0 posted...
Was their any reason for them to expect it to block out used games? I expect the next Xbox wont block out used games either.

Yes, as that was the main rumours flying around. Rumours or not everyone was thinking it could happen. And I do still believe Microsoft could block out used games.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#5memphis12(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 5:17:20 AM
HajimeNoIppo posted...
As I just posted on another topic. They don't want to allow Ps3 games, and you seriously think they will allow Ps4 Used games. Please.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-sony-tells-eurogamer-playstation-4-will-not-block-used-games
---
#6HajimeNoIppoPosted 2/21/2013 5:18:08 AM
The whole press conference was talking about Streaming and Digital Downloads, Used games would cut into this, so why would they allow it?
#7zerooo0Posted 2/21/2013 5:18:18 AM
memphis12 posted...
zerooo0 posted...

Yes, as that was the main rumours flying around. Rumours or not everyone was thinking it could happen. And I do still believe Microsoft could block out used games.

Let me show you the key word in that post.

RUMOURS. As in not proven until MS, or Sony officially commented on it. Like it's just a RUMOUR so far with MS.

Catch the drift here?
---
I do typing exclusively on my Tablet, so expect errors in my posts. At least until I get my new Laptop.
#8HajimeNoIppoPosted 2/21/2013 5:20:18 AM
memphis12 posted...
HajimeNoIppo posted...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-sony-tells-eurogamer-playstation-4-will-not-block-used-games

Not everything you read or is said becomes true. I hope they dont ban used games, but I have a strong feeling that both Sony and Microsoft will.
#9memphis12(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 5:20:50 AM
zerooo0 posted...
memphis12 posted...
zerooo0 posted...

Let me show you the key word in that post.

RUMOURS. As in not proven until MS, or Sony officially commented on it. Like it's just a RUMOUR so far with MS.

Catch the drift here?

No **** what exactly is your point? That people don't speculate? As that would just be ignorant of you, and I don't believe you are. So I'll put it down to you misunderstanding completely.
---
#10zerooo0Posted 2/21/2013 5:23:16 AM
It's a complete waste of time to speculate until official confirmation is given from MS, or Sony.
---