This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

MS now has no incentive to make XBLA games transfer over... PSN games don't.

#1JKSonicPosted 2/21/2013 8:22:48 AM(edited)
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/21/report_3a00_-psn-games-and-other-data-won_2700_t-transfer-to-ps4.aspx

We already knew it wasn't BC with retail but I think many people were still holding out hope it would work with PSN titles. I know a lot of people have been saying they'd be extremely upset if their XBLA titles don't transfer over...with this news MS doesn't have much incentive to go the extra mile. Of course now if they do transfer over it'll be a huge edge.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#2BahamutBBobPosted 2/21/2013 8:13:30 AM
I would think that they would want to carry over XBLA as much as possible as a selling point.

"Bought this on our old console? Yeah, you don't lose it if you buy our new console."
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#3scythecamPosted 2/21/2013 8:14:02 AM
Game companies never miss an oppurtunity to swindle their customers.

Its pretty sad.
---
One-and-Donecos
#4Reel_Big_MikePosted 2/21/2013 8:35:55 AM
scythecam posted...

Its pretty sad.

lol, you bought the games on a specific console. The fact that it doesn't work on a completely different system is hardly "swindling the customers."
#5SpirituousPosted 2/21/2013 8:37:39 AM
Microsoft will more than likely have backwards compatibility for 360/XBLA games since their entire architecture since the original Xbox has been PC based.

That one thing of backwards compatibility will make a huge difference in the Next Gen system wars seeing as Sony will be the only one not offering ANY backwards compatibility whatsoever. They've already lost the battle before the first shot was even fired.

Nintendo has full backwards compatibility with Wii games on Wii U.
Microsoft will more than likely have backwards compatibility with 360 /XBLA games.
Sony has NO backwards compatibility whatsoever on their hardware.

I've been a longtime Sony supporter, but no backwards compatibility with even PSN purchases is going to damn far. I put up with no PS2 backwards compatibility, but I won't stand for losing both PS3 & PSN libraries after all these years.

And before anybody says the idiotic comment of "keep your PS3 then", eventually Sony will shut down PS3's PSN access and then poof goes all your PS3/PSN libraries. Sony will also stop repairing the systems eventually. So that's three strikes and your out.

Microsoft would be foolish not to capitalize on this opportunity. Sony has fumbled the ball, and all Microsoft has to do is pick up the ball, run to the endzone and score the touchdown.

I'll wait & see what Microsoft does and how Sony's going to offer backwards compatibility via GaiKai before making my decision on where to go Next Gen, but if Sony's press conference was any indication of how their moving foward, then Next Xbox will be my next purchase.
#6DividerByZeroPosted 2/21/2013 8:38:56 AM
scythecam posted...

Its pretty sad.

lol, you bought the games on a specific console. The fact that it doesn't work on a completely different system is hardly "swindling the customers."

Maybe not, but it's still a bad move.

You spent maybe $200 on XBLA games, and you can't even play them on the console you just bought in the same line.
---
http://www.dividerscorner.blogspot.com/ - Newest Review: Borderlands 2
GT: TG Divider | NP: Mass Effect 3, Call of Duty 4, Rock Band 3
#7TheBlueStigPosted 2/21/2013 8:40:40 AM
Reel_Big_Mike posted...
scythecam posted...

Its pretty sad.

Sony already made people re-buy games for the XPeria Play, it's no surprise that they're doing the same thing to the PS4.

Not allowing digital content to transfer over on a main system is another nail in their coffin.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#8DyingPancakePosted 2/21/2013 8:40:45 AM
Wouldn't this give them more incentive to have them transfer?

They would be offering something the PS 4 doesn't have.
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#9pothocketPosted 2/21/2013 8:41:10 AM
Considering how many gamers want BC and how much mass appeal it has, I'd say MS now was incentive to include it in their next system considering it's a market that their competitor has chosen to ignore.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#10darkharePosted 2/21/2013 8:49:17 AM
i still believe that arcade games will be transferable from the 360 to the next console, them not doing this would completly go against what they've attempted to do this gen with gold and arcade.