This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New 360 graphics king

#21Luthor_Posted 2/22/2013 4:32:33 AM
Arucard05 posted...
I was never under the impression Halo 4 was ever even in the discussion. Uncharted is still the benchmark for the current gen consoles in my mind.

Might just be me but Uncharted 2/3 didn't even in press me as Gears 2/3.

Halo 4s art direction is top notch though.
---
"It doesn't matter what controller you have in your hand as long as you enjoy pressing the buttons..."
-RPG_Apostle
#22Arucard05Posted 2/22/2013 4:38:11 AM

No doubt. Halo has always been at the top in terms of art design.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#23JDGfootmanPosted 2/22/2013 5:06:53 AM
Playing Crysis 3 now and my god is it a good looking game. There are a couple serious issues that hold it back though, visually. One is that the HUD is a complete mess and is constantly interfering with looking at the actual game. I dont need "SWAP THIS OUT FOR ..." in giant white letters, or the huge hex shaped things over hacks, the huge triangles over enemies, etc. Really a terrible HUD.

Then there are the constant effects which obscure the game's vision. Yeah I get it, my suit it acting up, please stop blurring the entire screen all the time. Yes I was hit by a gun that drained my energy, please dont blur the screen. Look at how awesome the sun's lighting is, let me blind you with it anytime you just glance at it, by the way enjoy how smudged your visor is. There is just so much blur and attempts to add realistic touches that it is detrimental to the package.

Honestly the best part of the game, was the first suit jammer section in the tall grass with the Stalkers, partly because they took away the over designed mess of a HUD. The environmental art is pretty good, and the technical prowess is amazing, but the graphics dont congeal for me, like many games do.
#24_Elite_Bushido_Posted 2/22/2013 5:21:26 AM
ive been playing Crysis 3 on max.... nothing beats it right now. nothing at all even comes close
---
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#25SunDevil77Posted 2/22/2013 5:59:29 AM
AwesomePS3gamer posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Halo 4, I am convinced, overall, is the best a console game can look on WiiPS360

Cutscenes? Yes.

In-game graphics? No. Chapters 12 & 13 in Uncharted 3 prove you're wrong, very wrong.

I'm talking the entire game in general, though. You can't just pick and choose moments in a game that are stunning. Although, Uncharted 3 does give Halo a run for it's money, as the entire game is equally gorgeous.

On the 360 though? Halo 4 will be the best looking game, unless Bioshock/TR knocks it off the pedestal.
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#26all_that_juice(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 1:56:50 PM
Arucard05 posted...
I was never under the impression Halo 4 was ever even in the discussion. Uncharted is still the benchmark for the current gen consoles in my mind.

Isn't it strange how one man's trash is another's treasure?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BNUcXc9aBI
#27DzxSaintsPosted 2/22/2013 2:09:07 PM
I think Halo 4's graphics are better, but, I would prefer better framerate and worse graphics over lower framerate and great graphics.

Still voted Halo 4 though.
---
Xbox GT: lGunterl
Greetings from the land of Ooo!
#28all_that_juice(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 3:37:45 PM
That's a fair and valid stance, but understand I am not asking about framerate. That is for entirely different poll.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BNUcXc9aBI
#29pothocketPosted 2/22/2013 3:41:46 PM
Arucard05 posted...

No doubt. Halo has always been at the top in terms of art design.

And they're still using the template designed for last generation on low-def TVs!
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#30cloud0123Posted 2/22/2013 7:14:28 PM
Halo 4's graphics only look good in cutscenes. Out of it....looks way less detailed. I know why you don't have to explain it to me, but if the entire game looked as good as cutscenes omfg I woudl actually still be playing it and not gaming on my PC