This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The next generation xbox has been given a golden chance

#1AncientAstroPosted 2/21/2013 12:39:52 PM
I'm still railing from what transpired last night. The "big reveal" for the PS4 fizzled with an astounding thud. Ok let's do a recap of the Playstation Meeting:

PS4 was announced
-Awkward looking controller shown
-No physical console revealed!!
-No specific release date or price
-Emphasis on social networking and sharing (who gives a crap??)
-No enticing PS4 games shown
(Killzone looks passable but nothing truly original or exciting was revealed)
-What about the big IP's?
(No GoW, Last Guardian, FFXV / Versus or any other staple game series speculated to be revealed was shown)
-PS3 to PS4 jump in graphical fidelity is hardly as noticeable as it was from PS2 to PS3

What a crock. If anything the meeting just served to lower the anticipation for Sony's new console. I expected more, a lot more. They basically just gave Microsoft a free pass to break out with a spectacular reveal for the X720.
#2TheOceIotPosted 2/21/2013 12:42:29 PM(edited)

You really shouldn't have been expecting those to be announced. They will get announced at E3 at the earliest. Heck, I don't think Nintendo even announced the price and release date of the WiiU until after E3 last year.

They need to save some stuff for GDC and E3. A lot of people were surprised that they showed as much as they did, in terms of games and system features.
---
you just can't live in that negative way...make way for the positive day
#3glassghost0Posted 2/21/2013 12:44:25 PM
As much as I hate to say it, Sony had a good conference.

The only game I cared about was Watch Dogs.

But I really want the new Xbox to have the sharing and live stream features.

But the one thing that I loved is the ability to take control of or watch another person's game. Me and my friend were literally talking about how that would be cool a week or so ago.
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#4richboy900Posted 2/21/2013 12:55:54 PM
I remember reading a link somewhere with one of the devs (from crytek iirc) saying that the graphical leap wouldn't be as significant as it was from xbox 1 to xbox 360 or ps2 to ps3. If you were unhappy with how the ps4 games looked, you should get or build a serious pc instead. The games will look better later through the next consoles life cycle though.
#5Rome218Posted 2/21/2013 1:02:49 PM(edited)
What is your deal TC? Perhaps people are just excited that a new system(Not made by Nintendo) is coming out. We've had these systems for so many years, it is hard not to get hyped.

Right now I am planning to sail on the Microsoft ship. The 360 is the best console ever made IMO, and it completely ripped me out of PC gaming.

However, I am a consumer and not a fanboy. If Microsoft does something major to mess up, I will get a PS4.

I used to love NES and SNES, but PSX took my business. Loved PSX and PS2, but Xbox eventually won me over towards the end of that gen and kept my business this gen.

Stop acting like these companies are your friends. They are working to get your business. You have the money, you are the boss, you decide what's the best option if you are only planning on getting one.
---
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write
#6BBBanks03Posted 2/21/2013 1:10:42 PM
AncientAstro posted...
(No GoW, Last Guardian, FFXV / Versus or any other staple game series speculated to be revealed was shown)

Why are people still desperately clinging to the hope that Last Guardian is even still in production?? We haven't even been given a whiff to indicate that is still the case.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#7revolution3603Posted 2/21/2013 1:26:50 PM
AncientAstro posted...
I'm still railing from what transpired last night. The "big reveal" for the PS4 fizzled with an astounding thud. Ok let's do a recap of the Playstation Meeting:

PS4 was announced
-Awkward looking controller shown
-No physical console revealed!!
-PS3 to PS4 jump in graphical fidelity is hardly as noticeable as it was from PS2 to PS3

What a crock. If anything the meeting just served to lower the anticipation for Sony's new console. I expected more, a lot more. They basically just gave Microsoft a free pass to break out with a spectacular reveal for the X720.

1.is an opinion I thought controller improved upon the duals hock design while adding some nice new bells and whistles

2 The conference was more about the features and a peak at what's possible full reveal def gonna be at e3 tgs and beyond

3 price point is always saved for later no console talks that when first announced

4 if u hate the social aspect your gonna loathe what Xbox has to say they started moving in that direction with its current offering
---
Fly Eagles Fly on the road to victory E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLEs!!!!!'
#8The DevourerPosted 2/21/2013 1:32:45 PM

Yeah, they're going to show you another GoW right after they release this one in a month basically to make the best killing they can on the game. That's the way to go! Who the **** cares if speculative games were announced or shown for it? This is why you wait and see how things line up at launch, or you know not get the console at launch and see how it all pans out after a while.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#9art_of_the_killPosted 2/21/2013 1:34:20 PM
AncientAstro posted...

I can almost certainly guarantee you that this will be a big focus for the Nextbox too.

"Exciting" is subjective, but you certainly cannot say that nothing original was shown.

First off, why in the hell would Sony announce a new GoW when there's already an upcoming GoW that hasn't even been released yet? Secondly, why in the hell would they show PS3 games on the PS4?

Again, you can also expect this from the Nextbox.

You'll likely be setting yourself up for disappointment.
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#10otisanimePosted 2/21/2013 1:36:54 PM
In all likelyhood, Microsoft is going to do the exact same damned things. Emphasize social stuff no one wants, have similar specs, have some awkward something or another.

and show off some non-exclusive third party games they've money hatted to give press time during their show.

In all likelyhood, both Microsoft and Sony won't be revealing any real things except at E3.
---
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Tribes Ascend (PC)