This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The next generation xbox has been given a golden chance

#11-Damien-Posted 2/21/2013 1:37:34 PM
self assurance
#12SunDevil77Posted 2/21/2013 1:38:12 PM
otisanime posted...
In all likelyhood, Microsoft is going to do the exact same damned things. Emphasize social stuff no one wants, have similar specs, have some awkward something or another.

and show off some non-exclusive third party games they've money hatted to give press time during their show.

In all likelyhood, both Microsoft and Sony won't be revealing any real things except at E3.

My name is otisanime and I have no backups for my claims
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#13BizzyBumPosted 2/21/2013 1:40:27 PM
AncientAstro posted...
-Emphasis on social networking and sharing (who gives a crap??)

>implying the 720 won't be even worse with this crap

protip: it will
---
I'm bored at work...
#14revolution3603Posted 2/21/2013 2:18:45 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
otisanime posted...
In all likelyhood, Microsoft is going to do the exact same damned things. Emphasize social stuff no one wants, have similar specs, have some awkward something or another.

and show off some non-exclusive third party games they've money hatted to give press time during their show.

In all likelyhood, both Microsoft and Sony won't be revealing any real things except at E3.

No back up for claims MS been pushing becoming the social media hub of the living room for the last couple of years
---
Fly Eagles Fly on the road to victory E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLEs!!!!!'
#15SunDevil77Posted 2/21/2013 2:21:12 PM
revolution3603 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
otisanime posted...

No back up for claims MS been pushing becoming the social media hub of the living room for the last couple of years

Because last gen has lasted so long. About 3 years too long.
Just like the beginning of last gen, Microsoft will focus on games at the beginning of this gen.
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#16OhHeyltsYouPosted 2/21/2013 2:23:07 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
revolution3603 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
otisanime posted...

Because last gen has lasted so long. About 3 years too long.
Just like the beginning of last gen, Microsoft will focus on games at the beginning of this gen.

But the 720 won't have any games.... :(
---
PSN: NaturaIBorn
#17AncientAstro(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 2:56:35 PM
You NEVER EVER announce a new system without some hot games to go along with it. Sony failed marketing 101 with flying colors.
#18s2goodPosted 2/21/2013 2:58:57 PM
The release date is on the playstation website.

There is a countdown clock.
---
XBLIVE - Sonic B0000M NNID - Sonic_B0000M
PSN - Dragon--Punch STEAM - Sonic B0000M
#19otisanimePosted 2/21/2013 4:54:02 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
otisanime posted...

I didn't make any claims :x I made guesses based on past actions :x
---
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Tribes Ascend (PC)
#20CaIiber345Posted 2/21/2013 5:04:23 PM
--If any significant "game" footage had been shown, it would have likely been some PC-generated tech demo. Which would not fully illustrate the system's power, since we never know what that looks like until late in the console's life cycle, when devs have had years to eek out as much as they can from the machine.

--I HATE the social crap, too, trust me I do. But its here to stay. I use my console to play video games. Maybe I'll pop in a DVD from time to time. I don't Facebook or Netflix or any of that stuff. I have a PC, tablet, and smartphone for that. Granted though, many people don't have all of those things, so they use their gaming console. I personally don't like it or want it, but plenty of people do.

--I started with Nintendo, then went to Sony, then went to Microsoft. Next-gen is still undecided for me until we have A LOT more facts and information. Between MS and Sony that is. Nintendo has been dead to me for some time.

On a general note, I understand the relevance of Sony's reveal as news and talking points in the world of gaming. But its funny how everyone has complained about the lack of information so far about next-gen. Then when we get some information, and everyone complains about that.
---
"Tonight was darker than technology." Warrior Soul, Chuck Pfarrer
Hail HYDRA!