This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did Dead Space 3 bomb?

#31oasisbeyondPosted 2/21/2013 10:47:02 PM
Too much too soon. I Love DS but, gonna wait for that 1080p Collection or 1,2,3 this gen collection :) I know it's coming, I'm no fool! Same for Crisis 1,2,3...
#32Halo_ForeverPosted 2/22/2013 12:13:48 AM
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
IDK the truth, but this is VERY interesting...

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/dead-space-3/102440

Says the NEW version is $8 cheaper than used! WTF?!

When I bought Ridge Racer Unbounded new from there the new copy was $30 cheaper than the used copy. Go figure.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#33zinsindettaPosted 2/22/2013 1:55:20 PM
ElderPredator12 posted...
Well I hope it bombs. I hope any game that shifts from single player horror to co-op bs bombs.

Too many people like this are bashing this game without even remotely being knowledgeable about it.

I am knowledgeable about how it works in the single player and co-op. But the time they took to make co-op took away from something. Want proof?

Sheepinator posted...
Metacritic:

Dead Space 1 - 89%
Dead Space 2 - 90%
Dead Space 3 - 78%

---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#34OmegaPillowPosted 2/22/2013 2:01:18 PM
ChezDispenser posted...
rockyoumonkeys posted...
mrplasmacutter posted...
It's easily one of the best games of the generation. 9.75/10 from gameinformer

I don't think it is bomb.

1. That review was bought and paid for. Simply impossible to refute this.

2. It probably didn't bomb, but it did suck.

You don't have any proof. You don't have proof of transaction, you don't have proof of communication between EA and GameInformer, nor do any of you have concrete proof of bribery between AAA game devs and reviewers. If you do, I want to see it. If you don't, I sincerely hope someone comes along someday who's gung-ho enough to sue your silly asses for libel.

A "professional" reviewer giving a game a near perfect score when this games defiantly has flaws... Yeah. Oh and there's proof
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer 360: An Axe Murd3r3r capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163
#35SunDevil77Posted 2/22/2013 2:05:18 PM
OmegaPillow posted...
ChezDispenser posted...
rockyoumonkeys posted...
mrplasmacutter posted...
It's easily one of the best games of the generation. 9.75/10 from gameinformer

I don't think it is bomb.

1. That review was bought and paid for. Simply impossible to refute this.

2. It probably didn't bomb, but it did suck.

You don't have any proof. You don't have proof of transaction, you don't have proof of communication between EA and GameInformer, nor do any of you have concrete proof of bribery between AAA game devs and reviewers. If you do, I want to see it. If you don't, I sincerely hope someone comes along someday who's gung-ho enough to sue your silly asses for libel.

A "professional" reviewer giving a game a near perfect score when this games defiantly has flaws... Yeah. Oh and there's proof

10 doesn't always mean perfect.
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#36vashtrichamPosted 2/22/2013 2:12:20 PM(edited)
Quote:Metacritic:

Dead Space 1 - 89%
Dead Space 2 - 90%
Dead Space 3 - 78%

@Sheepinator
Yet 2 is the worst

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#37PMCkubrickPosted 2/22/2013 2:41:20 PM
vashtricham posted...

Dead Space 1 - 89%
Dead Space 2 - 90%
Dead Space 3 - 78%

@Sheepinator
Yet 2 is the worst

good thing as showed, majority have better taste than you
#38vashtrichamPosted 2/22/2013 2:50:28 PM
Quote:vashtricham posted...

Dead Space 1 - 89%
Dead Space 2 - 90%
Dead Space 3 - 78%
@Sheepinator
Yet 2 is the worst

good thing as showed, majority have better taste than you

@PMCkubrick
Or people have different taste not better. Alot of times sequels get better scores than they deserve because of how good the first was.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#39oasisbeyondPosted 2/22/2013 2:55:12 PM
people have different taste not better. A lot of times sequels get better scores than they deserve because of how good the first was.
Or the opposite...
#40rdking96Posted 2/22/2013 3:02:06 PM(edited)
Far Cry 3 was on sale for 39.99 just a month or two after release...I'd hardly call that game a bomb. In fact, many claimed it to be GOTY. So your logic is quite flawed.

Was it a great game? IDK I haven't played it.
Did it bomb? Perhaps, I'm not sure. I'd have to see it's total sales numbers and the overall budget to develop and market the game. That's ultimately what determines whether a product bombed or not.

All I'm saying is the "quick sale = bomb" logic does not make sense.

When you say a total price drop across the board at all stores, THEN you can consider it to be a bomb.
---
"There won't be any money...but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness...So I got that goin' for me - which is nice."