This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did Dead Space 3 bomb?

#41CyricsServantPosted 2/22/2013 3:06:01 PM(edited)
I'm curious to hear how its doing after that "down 26% from DS2" article broke.

An EA spokesperson claimed DS3 needs to sell 5 million or else there wont be a sequel. Based on the reviews and sales in the U.K., I think EA will be lucky just to get DS2's numbers.
#42KingKilvasPosted 2/22/2013 3:07:47 PM
How does a 10 not signify perfection? It's the highest the rating scale can possibly go. How can a game have flaws and get a 10? Or even a 9.75 by that standard?
---
Drink cactus juice! It'll quench ya! Nothin's quenchier! It's the quenchiest!
#43DrFeelgood1984Posted 2/22/2013 3:08:00 PM
I hope it bombed so they re-evaluate their decision to make terrible games.
#44Dragon NexusPosted 2/22/2013 5:15:31 PM
Well it's certainly my least favourite of the three...

An EA spokesperson claimed DS3 needs to sell 5 million or else there wont be a sequel. Based on the reviews and sales in the U.K., I think EA will be lucky just to get DS2's numbers.

I thought he said that too, but when I found the article he's really saying it needs a fanbase of 5 million users to be considered a viable franchise. Similar, but also different.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#45CyricsServantPosted 2/22/2013 7:21:02 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Well it's certainly my least favourite of the three...

I thought he said that too, but when I found the article he's really saying it needs a fanbase of 5 million users to be considered a viable franchise. Similar, but also different.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Regardless of what was said, I just can't envision EA killing off the Dead Space franchise. DS3 might not be selling the obscene number of copies they want it to sell, but it's still topping sales charts for this month . . . just like its predecessors. An IP like that isn't something you just chuck out onto the garbage heap when one of its entries doesn't meet some arbitrary sales goal.

They might need to spend less developing the game, recycle more in-game assets, rethink their approach to DLC, etc . . . but I don't see them killing the franchise.