This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats your GOTY so far?

#1velvet_hammerPosted 2/21/2013 8:49:09 PM
Mine is MGR.. Wow this game is going to have a cult following similar to God Hand.. Its a love it or hate it type game... Its all killer with no filler.. No need for mind numbing platforming and sesame street puzzles for needless fluff.. When you can take on a MGRay, Sam ( cyborg ninja ) Military Chopper, run down a skyscraper etc in only 30min..

The gameplay is fantastic and a lot deeper then one would think.. Game gets even better with NG+, so many unlocks and replay value.. I started on hard and got easily 9 or 10 hours on first play through.. Some amazing bosses and the end is nuts

GOTY so far, runner up Ni No Kuni
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#2SunDevil77Posted 2/21/2013 8:50:52 PM
How did I know that was gonna be yours, Velvet? ;)

Anywho, so far...Easily Fire Emblem: Awakening. The epitome of SRPGs. I love it.
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#3velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 8:53:46 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
How did I know that was gonna be yours, Velvet? ;)

Anywho, so far...Easily Fire Emblem: Awakening. The epitome of SRPGs. I love it.

I did get skeptical when I read the troll reviews ( similar to halo 4s troll review, while I didnt love it like others its not even close to a 5/10 game ) but the game was better then expected.. Theres some coming up that can make a run for it.. Watch Dogs, TLoU, GoW:A, GTA5 but this game is easily one of the best action games this gen.. Its also kind of sick and morbid on hard and up.. Detaching limbs and ripper mode is sick
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#4Perfect LightPosted 2/21/2013 8:56:06 PM
Haven't bought any games this year that came out this year. Probably going to be GTA V, though, pretty much no contest. GTA is my favorite video game IP of all time and any year one comes out it pretty much dominates.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#5jessica73Posted 2/21/2013 9:12:19 PM(edited)
Fire Emblem

then it'll get knocked off by Rune Factory and Shadowrun Returns and Mount & Blade 2 and Wasteland 2 fighting for overall goty
thank god there are some good wrpgs finally coming out after nothing last year past a TW2 port
---
http://i.imgur.com/soy98.gif
#6the36thchamberPosted 2/21/2013 8:56:53 PM
metal gear rising is my favorite game ever so goty is kinda small.its funny bayonetta was my all time favorite then vanquish was my all time favorite now metal gear rising is
---
2013 Hype Dogs: Naruto UNS3,Metal Gear Rising,Castlevania LOS2,Crysis 3
GT-xNinjaScrollx
#7universaltofuPosted 2/21/2013 9:00:59 PM
1) Ni No Kuni
2) Fire Emblem
3) Sly Cooper
4) DMC
5) Metal Gear Rising
---
Recenty played : DmC.
#8flame030191Posted 2/21/2013 9:06:36 PM
I dont believe ive played anything that released this year yet tbh. Nothing has released to interest me. God of War probably will be my GOTY unless The Last of Us proves better.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#9WinternovaPosted 2/21/2013 9:10:15 PM
Mass Effect 3.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#10KIngdomSora50Posted 2/21/2013 9:22:29 PM
Watch Dogs.

No doubt about it.