This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Crysis 3 SP time - 8 and a half hours

#1pothocketPosted 2/21/2013 9:52:25 PM
So yeah, shorter than Crysis 2. I think it took 12 or 13 hours for me in 2, not sure. More than 10 at least.

There's less levels in 3 but you'll end up spending more time in them. Very nice level design including some well done sidequest. A whole variety of them with various types of rewards. I ended up doing probably about 80% of them and also got stuck once looking for an unmarked switch. Other than that just moved along at a steady pace and occasionally take in the art direction.

So the average gamer should expect a solid eight hours of content. Add 2-3 hours if you're planing on crawling over every square inch for tokens.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#2JenniferTatePosted 2/21/2013 9:55:35 PM
How are the weapons and ragdoll effects? Are kills satisfying?

I can replay FPS over and over as long as the weapons and AI are fun.
---
"If it's important, do it every day. If it's not important, don't do it all." -Dan Gable
#3Pacman2dxPosted 2/21/2013 10:26:05 PM
Hmm .. sounds about right - a friend said that they do a good job of mixing the first two games in this game, giving you larger areas of the first game with some corridor elements from the second game. Hoping to pick this up this weekend ..
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Who dares, wins.
#4velvet_hammerPosted 2/21/2013 10:27:00 PM
AlkalineKitten posted...

a.i is worse here then the other 2.. how that happened I have no clue
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#5oasisbeyondPosted 2/21/2013 10:29:13 PM
Hmm Crisis 2 took more then 10 maybe for me, but overall the final time was 8 hours... Final time in stats doesn't always mean what you actually played total.
#6Mutant1988Posted 2/21/2013 10:39:20 PM
8.5 hours is a decent length.

How long would you estimate it would take to finish it on the highest difficulty, retries included?

And how flexible is the character upgrade system? Can I completely revamp my play style for a replay?
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#7oasisbeyondPosted 2/21/2013 10:42:55 PM
Today's games are forgettable only a hand full are worth the full price...Dark Souls, Skyrim, Fallout, Bioshock, ME's...
That's life.
#8slyman19Posted 2/21/2013 11:38:19 PM
Took me 4:15 to beat with all side missions done.
#9SixStringHeroPosted 2/21/2013 11:52:42 PM
Sounds like they skimped out on the SP component. Crysis 1 and 2 definitely lasted more than 8 hours for myself. The way I play might get more time out of Crysis 3, but doesn't seem like a worthwhile full purchase unless I plan on playing a decent amount of MP.

Going to wait for a significant price drop on this one.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#10Rome218Posted 2/21/2013 11:58:22 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
AlkalineKitten posted...

a.i is worse here then the other 2.. how that happened I have no clue

Are you serious? I am right there with Alkaline, if the core combat is good, I will probably put 100 hours in the game.

Crytek started off with Far Cry 1(PC, not xbox). The game had excellent ragdoll physics, and you had an option for how long you want corpses to stay on the ground! Also there were bullet decals.

I heard they are German developers, and they were forced to tone things down or something. =/

Alkaline, I would check out Max Payne 3. I know it's not an FPS, but once you take off lock on aim, adjust the sensitivity, it is one of the most satisfying shooters this gen IMO.

Beautiful ragdolls mixed in with good animations, no disappearing bodies, stylish combat, exit wounds, and damn I may play this tonight.

Ton of cutscenes you cannot skip though.
---
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write