This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Crysis 3 SP time - 8 and a half hours

#21ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 2/22/2013 9:55:32 AM
looks glitchy as hell too. during the Giantbomb quicklook enemies were disappearing right in front of you
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#22pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 10:34:06 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Halo_Forever posted...
slyman19 posted...
Took me 4:15 to beat with all side missions done.

Why am I somewhat skeptical about this.

http://howlongtobeat.com/gamebreakdown.php?gameid=10817

There's a couple more accounts of how long it actually is.

Wow, that's amazing. my exact playtime was 8:27:11

I am completely average.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#23pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 10:35:08 AM
ACHEEKSMALLOY posted...
looks glitchy as hell too. during the Giantbomb quicklook enemies were disappearing right in front of you

No. It's actually a very polished AAA title. Never seen anything close to what you're describing.
---
#24superweskerPosted 2/22/2013 11:27:43 AM
I finished it on super soldier last night and it took me 5 and a half. Total gamerscore was around 540. Best graphics in series and hits a good spot between the two in terms of open world, was disappointed with the length though
---
"Japan is also a country where you can buy period blood stained/poop stained panties in vending machines"-zidane15.....GT: crazydaygo
#25JuhanorPosted 2/22/2013 12:27:44 PM
pothocket posted...
I used the M60 with a thermal scope.

Actually yeah, the M60 felt great. I was half-assing a stealth playthrough, so I didn't use it as much, but it was probably my favorite heavy weapon in the game.

Time for a kill 'em all play, then.
#26JDGfootmanPosted 2/22/2013 6:48:10 PM
Took me 2hrs and 47m on normal. I didnt feel like I was rushing, but I didnt stealth a whole lot. Lots of melee kills, shotgun kills, and max armor use. I did 3 side missions and didnt collect many items. I redboxed it. Its an alright game. I wouldnt buy it for single player though.

http://imgur.com/zD10Q9D
#27pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 7:04:11 AM
LOL wow. Why even bother playing? Do you watch movies on fast forward when you rent them too?
---
#28HaXxedPosted 2/25/2013 7:39:23 AM
There are aliens in this game, right? Or is it just cod with hightech suits?
---
Vengence will be mine!!!
#29pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 7:45:56 AM
HaXxed posted...
There are aliens in this game, right? Or is it just cod with hightech suits?

Yes, there are aliens but that doesn't matter. Even without them Crysis' enemy AI, open level design, and tank/stealth mechanics set it far far above CoD in the gameplay department.
---
#30rockyoumonkeysPosted 2/25/2013 9:49:18 AM
Honestly, 8.5 hours is fine. Games like this, where there isn't much let up in the action or story, don't need to be that long. If you took all the pointless filler out of longer games like RE4, you'd still have around an 8-10 hour game. To me, that filler doesn't add value.

Other games are longer, but many of them have an "exploration" mechanic to them. That's what makes them longer. If you aren't wandering around looking for collectibles or exploring an open world, it's amazing how much time that knocks off the clock.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton