This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

All these years I have robbed myself playing games

#1NakedSnake1986Posted 2/22/2013 5:31:47 AM(edited)
I've been playing on a 32" SOYO off brand cheap HDTV my parents got for me back in 2007 when HD sets were still high.

I used that TV soley for gaming purpose and I knew that the TV was bad but not as bad as I thought. When I replaced it today with my 32" Vizio 1080P LED TV I was blown away by the difference.

I want to say the graphics difference was that of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 running on the Dreamcast version compared to the PS1 version, It was like every game I put in and played was upscaled. I could read things on walls, I saw details I never notice before playing on that old washed out set.

All these years wasted, at least I'm getting Crysis 3 Monday so I can see why people say Crysis has the best graphics on consoles.
---
Tied to a wheel, fingers got to feel,
Bleeding through a tourniquet smile
#2Banana_ManaPosted 2/22/2013 5:40:58 AM
Since no one else is responding, I shall.

Um...

WELL DONE.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#3SubSeenixPosted 2/22/2013 5:42:53 AM
Crysis 3 still looks like crap on consoles and doesn't come close to Sony Exclusives.

If you want Crysis 3 in beautiful get it maxed out on PC.
#4Banana_ManaPosted 2/22/2013 5:45:17 AM
SubSeenix posted...
Crysis 3 still looks like crap on consoles and doesn't come close to Sony Exclusives.

PCPCPCPCPCPCPCPCPCPCPCPCPCPC

---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#5The_Dark_Slay3rPosted 2/22/2013 5:47:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6Luthor_Posted 2/22/2013 5:48:09 AM
SubSeenix posted...

The best looking Sony exclusives? So you mean just Uncharted or what?

Uncharted looks really great, but the lack of any style besides "realism" kind of throws it off for me. Not that realism is bad, but it never wows me. Uncharted 2/3's set pieces and draw distance was great though.

Other than uncharted, inFamous is actually kind of ugly, and Killzone.. Well, it looks good, but I'm always depressed while playing it. Never finished one.
---
"It doesn't matter what controller you have in your hand as long as you enjoy pressing the buttons..."
-RPG_Apostle
#7NakedSnake1986(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 11:12:07 AM
I was just shocked at the dramatic difference in clearity and detail when playing on a GOOD set. I should of just been playing on a SDTV these past 6 years, Halo 4 and RE4HD look like different games now.
---
Tied to a wheel, fingers got to feel,
Bleeding through a tourniquet smile