This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft is not focusing on games next gen says witness devoloper

#1ninja_starXPosted 2/22/2013 7:33:18 AM
http://kotaku.com/5986093/how-the-witness-became-a-ps4-game-and-why-pcios-owners-can-remain-happy

"The Wii U still has pretty low system specs, so it came down to a choice between the next Microsoft console or the next Sony console. There were people at Sony who really liked the game and were keeping in touch with us about it, and so we naturally started going to their PS4 developer events, got a dev kit, and started playing with it. I don't have good communication with anyone at Microsoft right now, and haven't been disclosed on their next console, but all our technical people like the PS4 specs a lot more than the leaked Durango specs, and we like the positioning of the PS4 (it's about games) a lot more than what we perceive Microsoft's positioning is going to be."

"So we just found ourselves doing a PS4 port. And once we are doing that, it is not practical for us also to think about another console port. We were going to be a de facto console exclusive for Sony no matter what. As I mentioned, there are people at Sony who are very interested in The Witness, so they somehow percolated up through the ranks the idea of showing the game in the launch show. "
---
Winternova posted...Because the advertisements make the dashboard seem more organic than the sparse and clinical PS3 alternative.
#2vigorm0rtisPosted 2/22/2013 7:34:40 AM
Kotaku will print anything right now. Will reserve judgement for when facts arrive.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#3scoobydoobydontPosted 2/22/2013 7:37:32 AM
By his own admission he knows nothing except gossip and Sony is pandering to him. Not exactly mindblowing stuff here. Witness looks horrible anyway.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#4ILikesCheesePosted 2/22/2013 7:40:05 AM
I'd been wondering what was up with "The Witness"; I haven't heard anything new on it in a long time.

And I didn't know it had become a Playstation Exclusive - or a "next gen" title either.

Whaddayaknow.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#5SunDevil77Posted 2/22/2013 7:43:08 AM
My name is Jim, and the next Xbox has a flux capacitor.

I can confirm this because my name is Jim.
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#6Arucard05Posted 2/22/2013 7:43:38 AM
Who knows how they will change their strategy for next gen, but as of now they are massively developer unfriendly. That's a pretty widely accepted fact.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#7master_gamr1231Posted 2/22/2013 7:46:20 AM
This honestly wouldn't surprise me. It's making me wonder if the 360's gonna be my last console.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#8Kerr AvonPosted 2/22/2013 7:50:58 AM
I hate the way the 360 and the PS3 are "multi-media" and "online social network" devices in the eyes of Microsoft and Sony, rather than pure games machines, and it looks like the PS4 and XBox 720 are going to be even more so. I want a games console to be a games console, and nothing more. Like everyone (and I mean everyone) I use a PC (some people use tablets or mobile phones) for multi-media and communication*, I never feel the need to do any of that on a console (except for game related stuff, of course).

* I play games on a PC too, but you know what I mean.
---
"PCs don't catch viruses or malware. Stupid users do." - The Cranky Hermit.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/
#9ILikesCheesePosted 2/22/2013 8:22:14 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
My name is Jim, and the next Xbox has a flux capacitor.

I can confirm this because my name is Jim.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Or this topic?
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#10master_gamr1231Posted 2/22/2013 8:38:41 AM
Dunno if anyone's seen this yet, but it's hilarious. I can only wonder what MS will say and how people will see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rJDn0jRnUQ
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!