This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do I just suck at FPS when aiming for headshots in FPS ? How important is it ?

#11TheBlueStigPosted 2/22/2013 10:23:04 AM
Aim center mass, burst fire, let the recoil get you the headshot.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#12runuts27Posted 2/22/2013 10:57:08 AM
You could just say BC2 or BF:BC2... anyway it depends on the game in something like BC2 headshots are pretty important they do double damage. Pistols also do more damage than rifles/machine guns for some reason in that game. Machine guns also generally have terrible hipfire accuracy even at close range, always try to Ads with them. Also with Bc2's spread system you pretty much always have to burst fire.
---
I'm interested in this...
#13LightgamerPosted 2/22/2013 11:22:03 AM
runuts27 posted...
You could just say BC2 or BF:BC2... anyway it depends on the game in something like BC2 headshots are pretty important they do double damage. Pistols also do more damage than rifles/machine guns for some reason in that game. Machine guns also generally have terrible hipfire accuracy even at close range, always try to Ads with them. Also with Bc2's spread system you pretty much always have to burst fire.

You are the only one who didnt know what TC meant by BF2. Casual.
---
Xbox Live: GodintheGalaxy, PSN: EuphoricJudas
#14Marvel ManPosted 2/22/2013 11:25:39 AM
"t's called. Instincts.

For example. When I play Call of Duty. And I see someone with a sniper. I think"If I were him, where would I be? ". So I throw a grenade and 7/10 I get a kill. "

Dude, it's CoD, everything is auto kill in those games.
---
My steel has been tainted by the blood of a weakling!
"Goku would win because Gohan is stronger."
#15CapwnDPosted 2/22/2013 11:31:39 AM(edited)
runuts27 posted...
What is BF2?

I'm guessing you're a casual gamer.

BF2 = Battlefield 2

You should consider the facts before you call others casual.

BF2 is indeed Battlefield 2 but the servers were shut down long ago, so he's obviously not talking about BF2.
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss
#16Kano92(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 11:53:18 AM
runuts27 posted...

What do you mean by Ads ?

Anyway back to one of my orginal questions. So if I want to play at a higher level do I need to learn to do head shots without aiming/zooming in on someones head ?

So basicly I need to learn how to point my gun in the right direction without needing to aim to get headshots ?

So in call of duty do the better players do head shots all the time ?

I mention though one thing one I play BC2 I'm never in the last place in standings. I'm usually always in the middle of the stack. So I know I'm doing something right.

So from now I should always try to aim for the head then ?

thanks
---
Dust collecting Wii's sold more consoles but don't mean nothing,
Play any Skyrim,COD,GOW,SF4,MK,GT5,FORZA,MassEf,Gears,DarkS,BF3,RE5,Portal..No didn't think so
#17CapwnDPosted 2/22/2013 11:54:22 AM
ads = aim down sight
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss
#18pothocketPosted 2/22/2013 11:59:53 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Aim center mass, burst fire, let the recoil get you the headshot.

Short controlled bursts! BS is correct, this is how it's done.

If a game's mechanics aren't properly balanced you can tell because it will be more effective to spray bullets in the general direction of the head knowing you'll quickly get a random headshot.

Any game where spraying for a random headshot is more effective than controlled burst at center mass is complete ****.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#19Silent Sniper IVPosted 2/22/2013 12:09:57 PM(edited)
The trick is to keep the crosshair aimed at the neck or upper torso level as your default, and let the recoil get you the headshot. When turning corners, keep the cross about an inch from the wall, and at head level, where the player will be running into. It's part map knowledge, part reflex, and part predicting how players move. Most players move very predictably, which is why some people get so raged when other players do stuff like dropshotting, which they might not react to/predict well if they come from other games like counter-strike.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#20SoF-RamboPosted 2/22/2013 12:19:31 PM
Kano92 posted...
runuts27 posted...
What is BF2?

I'm sorry BF: Bad company 2 on 360

Casual.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier PSN : GotYourGatorade
Current Most Played : PS All-Stars, Battlefield 3, and WWE 13.