This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Deus Ex Movie Will Avoid Trappings of 'Video Game Movies' - Director

#1TravarkothPosted 2/22/2013 3:12:18 PM(edited)
Speaking to CraveOnline, director Scott Derrickson and co-writer C. Robert Cargill said they're making a cyberpunk movie, and that the film will not be a rehash.
"The chief philosophy is we're not making a videogame movie, we're making a cyberpunk movie," Cargill said. "We've taken a look at what's worked in videogames and what hasn't, and really what we've broken down is what we think the audience really wants and what the audience that loves Deus Ex is going to want to see out of a Deus Ex movie."

Cargill continued: "We're not making a video game movie, we're making a cyberpunk movie."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/392947/deus-ex-movie-will-avoid-trappings-of-videogame-movies-director/
---
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
#2CyricsServantPosted 2/22/2013 3:11:55 PM
God help us, another video game movie butchering a classic. :(
#3Worker_8_Posted 2/22/2013 3:19:24 PM
CyricsServant posted...

As long as it isn't made by Uwe Boll, it may turn out okay. Then again, it is a movie based on a video game......
#4The DevourerPosted 2/22/2013 3:21:27 PM
Worker_8_ posted...
CyricsServant posted...

As long as it isn't made by Uwe Boll, it may turn out okay. Then again, it is a movie based on a video game......

Uwe Boll couldn't even pull off a movie not based on a game. Everything he touches...
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#5CyricsServantPosted 2/22/2013 3:28:26 PM
I guess Silent Hill: Revelation was okay for the laughs. Maybe this'll be okay too so long as I don't take it seriously.
#6PSP_H0mebrewPosted 2/22/2013 4:07:07 PM
Deus ex is perfect for movie adaptation, if they screw it up its all on the director and production company.
---
Feminism is the biggest scourge of modern day Society.
http://i.imgur.com/JGn2l.gif Montreal Canadiens Fan
#7pothocketPosted 2/22/2013 4:10:22 PM

"The chief philosophy is we're not making a videogame movie, we're making a cyberpunk movie"

/facepalmjesusHchrist

It's like a Bronze comment trolling us. Every sentence is a paragraph's worth of wrong.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#8Travarkoth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 4:44:58 PM
It's like a Bronze comment trolling us. Every sentence is a paragraph's worth of wrong.

You never asked for this, I take it?
---
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
#9velvet_hammerPosted 2/22/2013 4:46:07 PM
Christopher Nolan should remake or at least do a Deus Ex movie.. Preferably similar to the original
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#10Dragon NexusPosted 2/22/2013 5:05:43 PM
Hey, a cyberpunk movie? If it's good I don't care what they call it. They can call it "Do robots dream of electric sheep" and I'd still go watch it!
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln