This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Suggestions for good co-op brawlers?

#1boogenitezPosted 2/22/2013 3:48:32 PM
A buddy and I have been talking about picking up a good old fashioned co-op (online or local, either way) beat-em-up to get into for a bit... thinking along the lines of classics like Double Dragon, River City Ransom, Final Fight, etc. Yup, I know those are all pretty dated examples, hence the post here; I can't seem to recall much in the way of modern equivalents. Doesn't have to necessarily be a straight brawler, even something that kinda crosses genres would be good.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! May have to just replay Castle Crashers in the meantime... I know someone out there has a good answer!
---
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed...
PSN ID / Gamertag: boogenitez
#2RycerXPosted 2/22/2013 3:58:00 PM(edited)
Guardian Heroes, Scott Pilgrim vs the World, Dungeon Fighter Live and the Streets of Rage Collection. Invincible Tiger is another one you might check out, it may well be the most simultaneously underrated and overpriced game on XBLA. Shank 2 isn't bad either.
#3SunDevil77Posted 2/22/2013 4:04:33 PM
Streets of Rage is the only answer
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#4pothocketPosted 2/22/2013 4:04:51 PM
The 1st Watchmen game is great for couch coop brawling. I don't think there's an on-line mode. No, it really is awesome.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#5GorillaOnRoofPosted 2/22/2013 4:18:00 PM(edited)
Street of Rage Collection
Guardian Heroes
Double Dragon Neon (new Double Dragon game)

Since you're open to other types, I also recommend the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games, and Crimson Alliance.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.