This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Highest rated FPS of all time

#1darkphoenix181Posted 2/22/2013 3:23:40 PM
Just saw an ad which said "from the makers of the highest rated shooter of all time". I thought, oh this must be a Destiny ad. Nope, turns out it was for Bioshock Infinite.

So that begs the question, Bioshock is higher rated than Halo?
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#2ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 2/22/2013 3:25:15 PM
yes. halo, while popular is overrated and is barely up for goty awards because all the halos are forgettable.
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#3pothocketPosted 2/22/2013 3:27:02 PM(edited)
"Bioshock is higher rated than Halo?"

In the same way that every AAA game wins multiple GotY awards.

I did check metacritic and only Halo 1 beats Bioshock.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#4Arucard05Posted 2/22/2013 3:28:03 PM
http://begthequestion.info/
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#5darkphoenix181(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 3:29:04 PM
Arucard05 posted...
http://begthequestion.info/

I am scared to click
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#6SunDevil77Posted 2/22/2013 3:31:13 PM
One is a completely single player experience while the other has a primarily multiplayer experience. What's your point?
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#7GGearXPosted 2/22/2013 3:33:00 PM
Halo 3 for multi player
Bioshock for single people

That's how I look at it.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#8velvet_hammerPosted 2/22/2013 3:48:12 PM
one of the funniest headliner grabbers i ever seen.. just like that ds3 commercial and GI saying one of the best games this gen
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#9Dragon NexusPosted 2/22/2013 4:23:07 PM
One is a completely single player experience while the other has a primarily multiplayer experience. What's your point?

I consider Halo to be fairly nicely balanced in that respect...
It's got a solid single player and a good multiplayer too. True, the multi is where you'll get the most time, but I get a lot of hours out of single player too. More than most multi focussed FPS games.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#10SunDevil77Posted 2/22/2013 5:24:24 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...

I consider Halo to be fairly nicely balanced in that respect...
It's got a solid single player and a good multiplayer too. True, the multi is where you'll get the most time, but I get a lot of hours out of single player too. More than most multi focussed FPS games.

Im totally with you there, Nexus. But Halo gets praise for basically bring multiplayer to consoles. It was THE first person shooter for years, until CoD 4, but it's still going strong against CoD (which is no simple task).

Halo deserves a lot of respect. As does Bioshock, but for different reasons.
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.