This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel like the Dead Space series is criminally under rated. Do you agree?

#31oasisbeyondPosted 2/23/2013 2:05:01 PM
Where's? "Your wrong tc, it's not underrated."
#32BlueJester007Posted 2/23/2013 2:27:12 PM
scythecam posted...
Youre leaving out "go back to this area, just because"

And the combat itself in 3 isnt really about shooting limbs off after 2 hours in, you build a shotty and own everything for the remaining 12 boring hours.

Or you could stop making yourself bored and build a new weapon. Seriously, if shooting everything with a shotgun is boring, maybe it is time to build something else.
I used to use a shotgun, but I got bored of it too, so I switched it for a forcegun/chaingun with an acid bath attachment and had even more fun. When I get bored of that, I'll just go back to the weapon crafting bench and build something new.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who know binary, and those who don't.
#33atl2k5Posted 2/23/2013 2:28:59 PM
IMO, Dead Space has changed a lot... but not in a bad way. Sure, the scare factor has been toned down a lot, but it's still a solid game. I've enjoyed Dead Space the same with each release and don't see how people can say that it has gotten worse.
#34mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 2:31:59 PM
oasisbeyond posted...
Where's? "Your wrong tc, it's not underrated."

Clearly a lot of folks don't like it, just read some of the posts in this topic.
---
I love video games : )
#35oasisbeyondPosted 2/23/2013 2:33:32 PM
Clearly a lot of folks don't like it, just read some of the posts in this topic.
A lot of people don't like some of the best games ever made... It's normal
#36mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 2:46:39 PM
oasisbeyond posted...
A lot of people don't like some of the best games ever made... It's normal

Believe me, I get that. I just get the impression that this isn't a series that people hate on bc its popular. It's more that it seems ignored or under appreciated by most. Also, I'm not trying to say "I love this game and you should too. If not, you're a smelly stink face."
---
I love video games : )
#37scythecamPosted 2/23/2013 6:08:07 PM
BlueJester007 posted...
scythecam posted...
Youre leaving out "go back to this area, just because"

And the combat itself in 3 isnt really about shooting limbs off after 2 hours in, you build a shotty and own everything for the remaining 12 boring hours.

Or you could stop making yourself bored and build a new weapon. Seriously, if shooting everything with a shotgun is boring, maybe it is time to build something else.
I used to use a shotgun, but I got bored of it too, so I switched it for a forcegun/chaingun with an acid bath attachment and had even more fun. When I get bored of that, I'll just go back to the weapon crafting bench and build something new.

Once youre about 6 chapters in you have enough materials to destrot everything in 2-3 shots barring the enemies in the last 2 chapters.

Its not like putting a ripper blade on makes necros dance and beg for mercy, its the same result, it just looks different.

Its kinda like borderlands and the "59 million "guns which are really on 10 different guns.

Ds3 was boring, the first 2 werent.
---
One-and-Donecos
#38BlueJester007Posted 2/23/2013 6:17:14 PM
scythecam posted...

Once youre about 6 chapters in you have enough materials to destrot everything in 2-3 shots barring the enemies in the last 2 chapters.

You say that as if it is a bad thing.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who know binary, and those who don't.
#39M4karovPosted 2/23/2013 6:28:56 PM
The villain in dead space 3 was painfully average.
#40BlueJester007Posted 2/23/2013 6:37:11 PM
M4karov posted...
The villain in dead space 3 was painfully average.

I'll agree with that. Danik (and Norton) really could have been so much more. The whole Norton and Ellie drama stuff was just dumb. But I don't play Dead Space for the story anyway.

And Danik had a pretty anticlimactic death... but so did Kendra in the first Dead Space. I really wanted to put a plasma beam in the b**** myself, but Hive Mind had other plans.
---