This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Microsoft is stupid enough to not have marketplace transfer?

#21DerekRossPosted 2/22/2013 7:21:25 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
With this upcoming sale being one of the biggest in Xbox Live history, I suspect they're going to include DD transfers.

I really hope so and I do think it's MS way of saying "up yours" to Sony.
#22TheBlueStigPosted 2/22/2013 7:25:03 PM
DerekRoss posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
With this upcoming sale being one of the biggest in Xbox Live history, I suspect they're going to include DD transfers.

I really hope so and I do think it's MS way of saying "up yours" to Sony.

There's a free movie rental on the dashboard this weekend too, Stolen with Nicholas Cage.

Microsoft is putting out a bunch of sale stuff with some free thrown in for a bonus.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#23lastrockerPosted 2/22/2013 10:18:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#24JigSawXPosted 2/22/2013 11:23:35 PM
thedivineslaser posted...
It's not an issue if they want to do it or not. It's an architecture issue. Xbox will probably have the problem as Sony because they are changing architectures therefore backwards compatibility is expensive. It's not that easy.

arent they using similar tech?
#25otisanimePosted 2/22/2013 11:29:26 PM
JigSawX posted...
thedivineslaser posted...
It's not an issue if they want to do it or not. It's an architecture issue. Xbox will probably have the problem as Sony because they are changing architectures therefore backwards compatibility is expensive. It's not that easy.

arent they using similar tech?

From what the rumors say: no, not at all. It's basically using similar tech to the PS4. Basically, PC-esque parts. The 360 uses a non-PC gaming style CPU (a Power PC based one, the PS3's Cell CPU is also power PC based).

So, Microsoft either will have to:

1) Include a 360 inside the 720, which will jack up prices (not likely)
2) Emulate the 360 (Which doesn't seem very feasible)
3) Half-emulate the 360, by including just the 360, which will jack up prices less than 1, but still jack up prices.

In the end, there's no real good mass market option for this, but if Microsoft is willing to do it, and take a giant loss just to make a few thousand people happy, I'll be very, very surprised.
---
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Tribes Ascend (PC)
#26grasuPosted 2/23/2013 1:01:41 AM
Microsoft will be stupid to allow any kind of marketplace transfer on the next Xbox.

There's only 2 ways in which they could actually do that and neither are feasible.

1. They could include a transfer kit with all new Xboxes - this will result in a customer service nightmare as hundreds of thousands of less than tech savvy morons try to copy their content over.
2. They could allow you to download your DLC and games via Xbox Live by bounding them to your gamer tag - this would be a customer service / PR nightmare as NO MATTER HOW MUCH BANDWIDTH Xbox live has it will never be able to accommodate tens of hundreds of thousands of users try to download gigs of data onto their new Xboxes.

And as we all know gamers are a bunch of entitled p***ks, if Xbox Live doesn't work form the get-go there will be a literal ****storm on all gaming sites as how "MS is incompetent" for not providing terabytes of bandwidth with the launch of their new console.
#27scoobydoobydontPosted 2/23/2013 1:11:43 AM
Limp_sugar posted...
I don't understand the desire for this. It's not like when the new consoles come out your old one will disappear.

Network support will. HDDs and consoles don't last forever.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#28jon davisPosted 2/23/2013 6:13:30 AM
Of course they will consider it, MS just like Sony are in it for as much profit as they can get.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#29ScarfacepsychoPosted 2/23/2013 6:33:45 AM
If they do, I will be ******* pissed. Considering the $2,000+ (just an estimate but sadly close to it) I've spent on movies, TV shows, games, and DLC, I'd kill someone (not literally). I've been wondering about this topic since around November last year. I've bought so many HD movies, it isn't even funny. I know that if they did do this, it would be partly, if not mostly, my own fault for buying so much crap from the marketplace even though it warns that the content is only available to us as long as it is on the marketplace. That is unless you decided to download the movies you've bought from the marketplace instead of streaming. I've downloaded almost every movie I've bought from the marketplace, especially movies that aren't easy to find. I don't want all that money going down the drain. My 250 GB HDD only has like maybe 100 MBs left.
#30ToastyAnakin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 10:14:44 AM
I still think there is time for Microsoft to be flexible. I hope they will make the smart decision.

Let them destroy sony. Sony deserves it.
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)