This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What exactly does the Red Ring Of Death mean?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. What exactly does the Red Ring Of Death mean?

User Info: Milla_Maxwell

Milla_Maxwell
3 years ago#1
So I tried to turn my 360 on and it wasn't working...

Then I realized the damn thing wasn't plugged in.

So I plugged it in and the Red Ring of Death flashed 3 times... I was like *OSHI-*

and then the RROD went away and my Xbox worked like normal...

Do I own a Jesus Xbox or something?
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
3 years ago#2
No, if there was a problem with the cables such as a loose A/V or something, it'll flash some red rings atcha.
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.

User Info: randomweirdo

randomweirdo
3 years ago#3
One cause of it is having a loose power connection. Did that myself when I didn't plug the short cable on the power supply in all the way.

What is a problem is when the cable connections are firm and secure and it's still flashing 3 red lights. That is RRoD.

Milla_Maxwell
3 years ago#4
SunDevil77 posted...
No, if there was a problem with the cables such as a loose A/V or something, it'll flash some red rings atcha.

that explains it, my Controller was trying to power it on constantly and I just plugged it in, and I guess that was my Xbox's way of flipping me off.
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
3 years ago#5
Hah, I remember when it first happened to me...I almost needed new shorts.
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
Why do people say red ring? It's red lights, 3 of the quadrants flash in red. Sorry, but that's not a ring.
The April 2011 PSN Break-In is proof that fanboys will forgive anything.

Milla_Maxwell
3 years ago#7
SyphonFilterAddict posted...
Why do people say red ring? It's red lights, 3 of the quadrants flash in red. Sorry, but that's not a ring.

I guess because Red Ring Of Death is easier to say than: Red Three Quarter Ring of Death.
How about 3 Red Lights? Face.
The April 2011 PSN Break-In is proof that fanboys will forgive anything.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. What exactly does the Red Ring Of Death mean?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived