This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What exactly does the Red Ring Of Death mean?

#1Milla_MaxwellPosted 2/22/2013 6:43:39 PM
So I tried to turn my 360 on and it wasn't working...

Then I realized the damn thing wasn't plugged in.

So I plugged it in and the Red Ring of Death flashed 3 times... I was like *OSHI-*

and then the RROD went away and my Xbox worked like normal...

Do I own a Jesus Xbox or something?
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
#2SunDevil77Posted 2/22/2013 6:44:50 PM
No, if there was a problem with the cables such as a loose A/V or something, it'll flash some red rings atcha.
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#3randomweirdoPosted 2/22/2013 6:47:17 PM
One cause of it is having a loose power connection. Did that myself when I didn't plug the short cable on the power supply in all the way.

What is a problem is when the cable connections are firm and secure and it's still flashing 3 red lights. That is RRoD.
#4Milla_Maxwell(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 6:54:39 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
No, if there was a problem with the cables such as a loose A/V or something, it'll flash some red rings atcha.

that explains it, my Controller was trying to power it on constantly and I just plugged it in, and I guess that was my Xbox's way of flipping me off.
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
#5SunDevil77Posted 2/22/2013 6:57:26 PM
Hah, I remember when it first happened to me...I almost needed new shorts.
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#6SyphonFilterAddictPosted 2/22/2013 7:00:27 PM
Why do people say red ring? It's red lights, 3 of the quadrants flash in red. Sorry, but that's not a ring.
---
The April 2011 PSN Break-In is proof that fanboys will forgive anything.
#7Milla_Maxwell(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 7:28:53 PM
SyphonFilterAddict posted...
Why do people say red ring? It's red lights, 3 of the quadrants flash in red. Sorry, but that's not a ring.

I guess because Red Ring Of Death is easier to say than: Red Three Quarter Ring of Death.
---
#8SyphonFilterAddictPosted 2/22/2013 7:39:50 PM
How about 3 Red Lights? Face.
---
The April 2011 PSN Break-In is proof that fanboys will forgive anything.