This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What improvements/changes would you like to see on the controller for the "720"?

#31rdking96Posted 2/22/2013 9:25:48 PM
Super Creatures posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
If you're using the charge'n'play kit, it killed the battery, you need a new one.

Except, all I've used in my controller since I got it on Christmas Eve have been standard AA Alkaline batteries.

Also, the Play and Charge kit simply uses standard AA Nickle-Metal Hydrid batteries (at least, I think they do, I don't think they use Nickle-Cadmium batteries), no different from most AA rechargeable batteries you can buy at most stores.

Agreed. I used a play and charge kit for the first year or two I owned a 360. After going through a few 360s, after one way or another, I ended up selling my play and charge kit. Even without the thing, I still run into this problem.

I will give you this - rechargeable controllers make this problem even more headache inducing, but standard AA controllers give me issues as well.
---
"There won't be any money...but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness...So I got that goin' for me - which is nice."
#32kingwutuguPosted 2/22/2013 9:31:20 PM
runs off the heat of my hands, add a huge awkward middle button like n64 below the X button with its own handle
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#33The DevourerPosted 2/22/2013 9:33:01 PM
I only have my controller turn off when it's near the end of the battery life. I think if you're getting one bar of battery it's gonna cut off like an hour or two before the actual battery dead life because the controller figures it's around say 15% life so it just cuts off. If you notice you can keep turning it on for like another hour or two before it actually just turns off within a couple minutes. At that point I just charge or switch my batteries really.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#34TwistedxL3G3NDPosted 2/22/2013 10:05:47 PM
Have any of you saying better D pad tried the transforming one? It's pretty great.
---
Hey guise look at my PC specs I'm sure you all care!
#35zyxomma100Posted 2/22/2013 10:12:55 PM
-Better D-Pad. (I haven't used the transforming one a lot so I'm only going to comment on the bad original D-Pad.)
-Bring back white/black buttons. (Don't get rid of LB/RB though!)
-Better quality analog sticks. I have a number of controllers, all meticulously kept, and the 3rd party one is the only one that hasn't developed some sort of drifting problem.
-Bring back pressure sensitive buttons. It's a nice feature, and the games that used it for the original Xbox were better for it.
#36The DevourerPosted 2/22/2013 10:34:38 PM
TwistedxL3G3ND posted...
Have any of you saying better D pad tried the transforming one? It's pretty great.

While it is good, it's still not as good as it could be imo. I don't know what could be done to improve it, but it's certainly not flawless. It's so much better though. I always had issues with the old dpads where one direction was always "stick" so you had to push it harder that direction and the whole thing would work well for a while then it would "stick" again. The transforming dpad has never had that issue. I also noticed it more prominently in wired controllers over wireless too.
---
#37TwistedxL3G3NDPosted 2/22/2013 10:48:19 PM
The Devourer posted...
TwistedxL3G3ND posted...

While it is good, it's still not as good as it could be imo. I don't know what could be done to improve it, but it's certainly not flawless. It's so much better though. I always had issues with the old dpads where one direction was always "stick" so you had to push it harder that direction and the whole thing would work well for a while then it would "stick" again. The transforming dpad has never had that issue. I also noticed it more prominently in wired controllers over wireless too.

Yeah, there's no doubt the first dpads were flatout terrible, but if they kept the transforming one I would still be satisfied. Of course having them improving it would be awesome, but even if they don't the current one does a solid job.
---
Hey guise look at my PC specs I'm sure you all care!
#38The DevourerPosted 2/22/2013 10:54:23 PM
I totally agree about that too. The transforming one is light years ahead of the old one. Maybe if they textured it and had something other than the slick chrome feel to it? I never feel like I have a very solid plant on it when I have to use it.
---
#39XxAzraelxXPosted 2/22/2013 10:57:18 PM
Something like the Razer Sabertooth controller would be perfect
---
Xbox 360 gamertag: AzraelDKF
#40AtalalamaPosted 2/22/2013 11:32:06 PM
D-Pad like the Saturn pad.
Able to handle being chucked across the room w/o damage.
Less spring-y trigger buttons (the only thing I hated on the DC controller, too).
Touch screen interface (from VMU-like usage to Wii U usage including QWERTY).
6 face buttons.
Optional response to Analog controls (stick/buttons more/less sensitive switch, etc.)
Built-in mic.
Greater sensitivity to "force feedback".
No AA Batteries (use installed rechargable like PS3 controller) to make it lighter.
Larger "Start" & "Back" buttons.