This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IGN: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 8.5 - DmC 8.9

#41Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 8:29:56 PM
OMG_AIDS posted...
Because IGN works as a hive mind and collectively gives scores.

DMC reviewer - Ryan Clements
MGR reviewer - Mitch Dyer

Two different reviewers, two different methods of reviewing. There is no standardized checklist to gloss over when reviewing a game. It's, like, a person's opinion, man.

I know all that - I'm looking big picture at this one - people like Velvet Hammer who have harassed and harangued everyone in every topic about DmC - so nice to see them cut down to size by IGN
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#42AxrelisPosted 2/25/2013 9:27:10 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
OMG_AIDS posted...
Because IGN works as a hive mind and collectively gives scores.

DMC reviewer - Ryan Clements
MGR reviewer - Mitch Dyer

Two different reviewers, two different methods of reviewing. There is no standardized checklist to gloss over when reviewing a game. It's, like, a person's opinion, man.

I know all that - I'm looking big picture at this one - people like Velvet Hammer who have harassed and harangued everyone in every topic about DmC - so nice to see them cut down to size by IGN

It would probably mean more if you decided to pick a more credible site with stricter guidelines and standards.
---
R.I.P George Carlin
#43Zohar_MetatronPosted 2/25/2013 9:45:59 PM(edited)
ITT the TC uses two different people applying similar numbers on an arbitrary scale that the medium would be better off abandoning forever to make some kind of a point

ITT a lot of people argue about genre semantics because this is important somehow, and one side gets pissy and the other side seems to think a game being a bit harder then another game somehow makes it a different genre, which is the silliest thing I've seen on GameFAQs all week

Sylus2015 posted...

Sources:
http://www.vgchartz.com/

ITT people still think VGChartz is worth paying attention to
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
#44DoukouPosted 2/25/2013 9:44:48 PM
If it ain't Skyrim or a Shooter it's niche

That seems to be what I'm getting from this topic.
---
Don't read this sig.