This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Crysis 3 multiplayer could of been a COD contender, but its so unbalanced

#1NakedSnake1986Posted 2/23/2013 4:02:31 PM
The stealth mode kills this game into a camping nightmare. The score in TDM is 100 but it gets to 50 every game. The time runs out every game and the only time TDM feels like COD is during the final minute when everyone runs out of cover and just blasts away.

The armor button is a joke since everyone has auto armor on rendering the lb button useless.

Still complaints aside the muiltplayer is very fun, just very campish. This is one game where I can say the beta doesn't represent the final build at all, I don't know why EA even had a beta, it made the ga,e look real bad.
---
Tied to a wheel, fingers got to feel,
Bleeding through a tourniquet smile
#2MackTheGunPosted 2/23/2013 4:07:22 PM
Try 'Deathmatch', it's ridiculously fast.

A race to first place where camping only wastes time.
---
Latest video: CRYSIS 3 NANOSUIT REBOOT! (FULL GAME!)
www.youtube.com/GamingWithMack
#3Fleshy26Posted 2/23/2013 4:07:32 PM
Crysis 3 multiplayer couldn't of been a COD contender....the name doesn't start with Call of Duty:
#4NakedSnake1986(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 4:14:44 PM
I just feel that having stealth all the time makes the game a lot more slow, a least for tdm. having it as a kill streak would of been a lot better.

I will give dm a try, although I'm more of a tdm guy.
---
#5Damn_DeaditePosted 2/23/2013 5:24:13 PM
Hunter Mode is amazing.

That one game mode that strips the nano suit is pretty good too.
---
Herrehkhan313
I'll swallow your soul!
#6scythecamPosted 2/23/2013 7:16:07 PM
Does c3 have an online pass?

I know its ea, but i havent heard if it does.
---
One-and-Donecos
#7Damn_DeaditePosted 2/23/2013 7:17:34 PM
scythecam posted...
Does c3 have an online pass?

I know its ea, but i havent heard if it does.

Unless the pre order code doubled as an Online Pass I dont think so.
---
Herrehkhan313
I'll swallow your soul!
#8vigorm0rtisPosted 2/23/2013 7:26:46 PM
I liked C2's armor power use better-- stealth and armor shared one power bar, so if you wanted to use armor, you were going to have to avoid using stealth constantly. It turned into a game or resource management. Campers might get the drop on you but were going to lose any gunfight they had against someone who anticipated them.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#9NakedSnake1986(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 8:32:33 PM
OK update

I have played 4 hours of online and I must say im impressed. I like it better than Halo4 but not as good as COD.

It will take you about 2 to 3 hours to get into the play style online, knowing when to use armor and stealth. Also the guns unlocked at later levels totally kill your beginner one, so playing against higher ranks will kill you head on every time.

I really miss those little white line hit makers when you hit the enemy like in COD, they only appear when you fire from the hip. Also there is no reswpan now, you have to wait to see the kill cam before you reswpan.

I haven't touch the single player yet but I feel this game deserves about an 8/10. It's a pretty solid game and a good alternative to COD granted you give the online a few hours to get use to it's own gameplay. It's not as easy to understand and navigate as COD's online setup is. Also the killstreaks can't be customized, they seem to be pre set to different maps, but the most any average player gets is a 3 killstreak radar.
---
#10twopinacoladasPosted 2/23/2013 8:46:45 PM
I'd like to try it at some point just because Crytek UK did the multiplayer component didn't really enjoy the single player portion of Crysis 2 never finished it.
---
www.itstimetosplit.com