This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

well microsoft is screwing over my friend

#1robert21Posted 2/23/2013 10:57:54 PM
on thursday, microsoft apparently did an update for account security, and my friend cannot remember the password to the email that his account is under. Hes tried resetting the password, but the answer he puts in for the secret question is wrong. considering he created the account years ago in hs, i would have been surprised for him to remember the password. so because of that hes essentially locked out of all of his dlc and stuff. is there anything at all he can do?
---
Evil doers, eat my justice!
#2D1TremerePosted 2/23/2013 11:00:40 PM
Sounds like he screwed himself over by not writing down important account information, I'm sure if he calls MS he can get them to fix it however.
---
PSN: BlackSheep121, 360 Tag: D1Tremere, Steam ID: D1Tremere
#3Knight_Rider_3KPosted 2/23/2013 11:04:08 PM
Not MS's fault.
---
You may beat me at a game, but with my smoking hot wife, I win at life.
#4lostoutlawnbPosted 2/23/2013 11:08:07 PM
he needs to contact ms
#5nightshadeAPosted 2/23/2013 11:14:57 PM
i just did the same thing a few months back...just call ms he will ll have to give tons of info tho
---
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free _New order "its easier and better to get forgiven than permission"
#6bluehat94Posted 2/23/2013 11:32:58 PM
So your friend was too lazy to do a simple thing like writing down his account info on a piece of paper and that's Microsofts fault?
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#7LanternOfAshPosted 2/23/2013 11:37:30 PM
Oh man I seriously thought for a second we probably wouldn't get another 'MS made my friend forget stuff' topic after the last one. Never underestimate Gamefaqs posters!
#8SheepinatorPosted 2/23/2013 11:38:43 PM
TC, do you know what phishing is?
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#9SupernautusPosted 2/24/2013 2:47:39 AM
I can remember passwords I set on sites I rarely use 10 years ago, your friend should have given an address and then made sure to use that address every now and again to ensure he always had access to it and always knew the password. If he does not he could try resetting the password, that is, if he can remember the email address.
#10Dragon NexusPosted 2/24/2013 7:37:18 AM
Oh hey, it's this again.
Bad luck on your "friend" there, TC.From: robert21 | #001

considering he created the account years ago in hs, i would have been surprised for him to remember the password.

Yeah, I mean why would you want to remember the password to an account that holds hundreds of $$$ worth of content you've downloaded?
Ridiculous, right?
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln