This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cheaper alternatives for game capture devices?

#1SholanPosted 2/24/2013 8:47:15 AM
I think "Hauppauge" is the HD PVR that holds the market currently? But i think it's a bit expensive at $160. I was wondering if there are any alternatives in regards to capturing gameplay?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#2mjc0961Posted 2/24/2013 9:02:17 AM
The only cheaper alternatives give you really crap quality. HD PVR and its competitors cost around $160 because you're getting good video quality. You can get some SD easy cap POS and have nice crappy videos, but if saving money is that important to you, consider that the cheaper ones aren't worth the money considering how low quality they are.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#3LerdothoughtPosted 2/24/2013 10:43:57 AM
that's one thing i wanna in the next generations of consoles, in-built method to record gameplay...
#4TheBlueStigPosted 2/24/2013 10:50:49 AM
TV recording card for your PC, usually around $50, quality settings are your choice.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#5Sholan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 6:29:03 PM
Yeah, the PC route would be the most logical for Price. But yeah, I think i'd much rather for quality>price this time. Thanks, but if anyone has anymore suggestions on which one to get, please do help.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#6_S0FTButtCheeksPosted 2/24/2013 6:41:52 PM
No one wants to see your crap ass CoD montage anyway
---
instagram.com/softbuttcheeks
Broncos > poop > your favorite team
#7Sholan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 7:33:41 PM
_S0FTButtCheeks I do not see the reason behind your hostile demeanor.
---
#8TheBlueStigPosted 2/24/2013 8:07:14 PM
Sholan posted...
Yeah, the PC route would be the most logical for Price. But yeah, I think i'd much rather for quality>price this time. Thanks, but if anyone has anymore suggestions on which one to get, please do help.

Get a TV capture card capable of capturing HDMI, then YOU choose the quality.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin