This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New to Microsoft and need some recommendations

#1timeywimeyPosted 2/24/2013 5:25:40 PM
I just got a free 360 from my cousin and was looking for some recommendations for Microsoft exclusives whether it be Retail, Indie, or arcade. My favorite genre would have to be RPG/Strategy followed by Action Adventure and platform games. I went on the market place last night and bought the following: Xcom: Enemy Unknown, The Last Remnant, Bastion, Vandal Hearts FOJ, Torchlight, Arkadian Warriors, Crimson Alliance, Outland, Braid, Cthulhu Saves the World, Evilquest, Breath of Death VII, and Aphelion One and Two. What else should I look into adding to my collection? Thanks again.
#2RubMyDuckyPosted 2/24/2013 5:27:45 PM
The Walking Dead for starters.

Other people will tell you other games to buy.
---
To stay on top, you have to think and act like you're still at the bottom.
#3IonizerPosted 2/24/2013 5:32:55 PM
If you like 2D platformer/beat-em-ups, look into Dust: An Elysian Tail. It's an XBLA title, and absolutely fantastic.
---
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s166/Ionizer_1/squirrel.jpg
Carrier of Squirrel Flu
#4SunDevil77Posted 2/24/2013 5:36:37 PM
Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, halo Wars, Tales of Vesperia, The Witcher 2, Alan Wake, Dust AET, Bloody Checkers
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#5timeywimey(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 5:44:46 PM
RubMyDucky posted...
The Walking Dead for starters.

Other people will tell you other games to buy.

I should have clarified that I own a PS3 and I have all 5 episodes of the walking dead. One of the best games I played last year.
#6timeywimey(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 5:52:15 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, halo Wars, Tales of Vesperia, The Witcher 2, Alan Wake, Dust AET, Bloody Checkers

I looked into Lost Odyssey but when I saw the price on amazon it was like 70 bucks. Blue Dragon sounds alright, especially for the price. Isn't there a hard mode patch which is the way its meant to be played?
#7timeywimey(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 5:59:57 PM
What's your guys opinion on the Penny Arcade series?
#8Dyno_StormPosted 2/24/2013 6:00:46 PM
Castle Crashers is worth giving a shot. It's an XBLA 2D beat-em-up game with hand-drawn visuals. You can play solo or team up with 1-3 more players online to tackle the story with. There's some minor RPG elements in it: leveling up your strength, magic, defense and speed stat; plus there are 30 chars in the game. Check out the demo if it interests you.
---
GT: DynoStorm
#9timeywimey(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 6:10:26 PM
Dyno_Storm posted...
Castle Crashers is worth giving a shot. It's an XBLA 2D beat-em-up game with hand-drawn visuals. You can play solo or team up with 1-3 more players online to tackle the story with. There's some minor RPG elements in it: leveling up your strength, magic, defense and speed stat; plus there are 30 chars in the game. Check out the demo if it interests you.

I just read up on it and looked at some footage and that seems to be right up my Alley. I need to get more co-op games so my girlfriend can play too; otherwise, its a lot harder to find any time to play because she'll just nag me to watch netflix or spend more time with her even though we live together and are apart like 6 hours a day tops
#10Dyno_StormPosted 2/24/2013 6:44:51 PM
timeywimey posted...
Dyno_Storm posted...

I just read up on it and looked at some footage and that seems to be right up my Alley. I need to get more co-op games so my girlfriend can play too; otherwise, its a lot harder to find any time to play because she'll just nag me to watch netflix or spend more time with her even though we live together and are apart like 6 hours a day tops

I highly suggest purchasing Minecraft then. You and your gf can build worlds and explore with split-screen co-op. There's a reason why Minecraft is the number #1 XBLA game.

Other games to consider: Fez, Super Meat Boy, Trials HD, Mark of the Ninja, Peggle, Plants vs Zombies, Fable series, Assassin's Creed series, Batman: Arkham series and Borderlands.

Left 4 Dead is a good multiplayer zombie game as well.

RPGs: Resonance of Fate, MagnaCarta2, Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2.

That's all I can think of for now. ;-;
---
GT: DynoStorm