This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have a bad, bad habit of starting games and not completing them, but....

#1mcdonaldfries03Posted 2/24/2013 6:48:37 PM
I acquire games, start them, and move on before I usually get into them. I love gaming, but between interest, time, and wanting that "great new game", I bounce from game to game without really getting anywhere (I often restart games I once tried to play, with the same end result)

But all that has changed with one game, Batman: Arkham Asylum. I'm absolutely enthralled, and have beaten most of it in about 2 days. I'm kicking myself for letting it sit in my backlog for so long.
---
GT: Shuttytown
#2GorillaOnRoofPosted 2/24/2013 6:59:10 PM
Good stuff, I still have to play that badboy
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#3rockyoumonkeysPosted 2/25/2013 1:57:23 AM
Kind of the same way, though I'm doing better recently. In the past few months I've torn through a bunch of games that have been sitting in my backlog for years.

Still though, I have more unfinished games than I'll ever be able to finish.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#4HeLeehamPosted 2/25/2013 2:22:46 AM
One of the best games this gen. Make sure you play Arkham City after.
#5FocianPosted 2/25/2013 3:23:16 AM
I'm the same way, TC. Don't let it get to you, just play what you want, when you want.
---
GT/PSN: Focian
The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect; So hard to earn, so easily burned.
#6GorillaOnRoofPosted 2/25/2013 6:43:26 AM
Focian posted...
I'm the same way, TC. Don't let it get to you, just play what you want, when you want.

This is excellent advice.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#7TheBeastWithinPosted 2/25/2013 7:05:30 AM
I find I do the same thing as you TC. It's actually a good test for a truly great game, because only those will hold me until the end. And when you find that game, man, is that good. Acquiring new stuff is just an attempt to find those ones that are not only great, but also great to you personally.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#8Billy_DeliciousPosted 2/25/2013 7:16:42 AM
I'm dreadful at finishing games I start .

I also think AA and AC are garbage.

I suck :(
---
'Jar Jar Binks is the greatest thing to happen to the Star Wars lore and you know it.'- RPG_Apostle
#9Perfect LightPosted 2/25/2013 7:32:17 AM
I have the exact opposite problem. I can't stop playing a game and move on to another game without finishing the first one.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds